Thread: Cobra Kai

Default Cobra Kai

Watch it. Thank me later.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

make me
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

lol. I have been watching this. They try and try to make Johnny out to be such an ahole, but Daniel San remains the douche in every scenario. I am sure they know that and that's what makes all the role reversals work.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    lol. I have been watching this. They try and try to make Johnny out to be such an ahole, but Daniel San remains the douche in every scenario. I am sure they know that and that's what makes all the role reversals work.
    Zabka is amazing in his role.
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Zabka is amazing in his role.
    Right? Where has this guy been?

The one part I do find funny about the show is the implication that both he and Daniel San have been ruminating about the events of Karate Kid for like 30 years.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

My expectations were low, but I really enjoyed season 1. Looking forward to season 2.

There were a couple of throw-backs that were over the top - "Daniel LaRusso is gonna coach? DANIEL LARUSSO IS GOING TO COACH!" - but it was a solid show. Definitely want a season 2 (which the Cobra Kai channel just announced today is coming in 2019).

If nothing else, the smirk on Johnny's face when his student executed a crane kick was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    There were a couple of throw-backs that were over the top - "Daniel LaRusso is gonna coach? DANIEL LARUSSO IS GOING TO COACH!" - but it was a solid show. Definitely want a season 2 (which the Cobra Kai channel just announced today is coming in 2019).

If nothing else, the smirk on Johnny's face when his student executed a crane kick was priceless.
    Yes. Apparently him winning that all-valley karate tournament in the 80s was as big a deal in fictional Recinas as it was worldwide to the real-life movie-viewing audience.

Recinas? Do you mean non-fictional Reseda?
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Recinas? Do you mean non-fictional Reseda?
    I guess I do! I am not familiar with Southern California geography, nor have I consulted the Karate Kid Wiki page. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I guess I do! I am not familiar with Southern California geography, nor have I consulted the Karate Kid Wiki page. :/
    no I just remember from KK1 that he was embarrassed living in Reseda instead of Encino. Weird thing to remember but having lived in the San Fernando valley I took note.

no I just remember from KK1 that he was embarrassed living in Reseda instead of Encino. Weird thing to remember but having lived in the San Fernando valley I took note.
    For some reason, I thought he moved to Fresno from NJ. Way off.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    For some reason, I thought he moved to Fresno from NJ. Way off.
    I mean, there are so many shit towns in California, what's the difference?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I just finished the last episode. This show.

Spoiler for this show:
    Kreese coming out of the shadows with a cigar like Voldemort ready to resume his place at the head of Cobra Kai is too good. Like it's some kingdom to be coveted. Teaching karate to teenagers, winning local tournaments with illegal blows to knees, elbows, and sweeping legs.

Default Cobra Kai

So freaking awesome!! Hit almost every nostalgic Button for me..

The first episode where Johnny is watching “Iron Eagle” was priceless!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 05-14-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Watch it. Thank me later.
    Maybe, and hell no.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Finished tonight. So freaking awesome.

I seriously didn't expect to be as entertained as I was. #TeamJohnny

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

The most I've been pleasantly surprised by how good (or at least enjoyable) something is since ....ummm..... Napoleon Dynamite?

Zabka absolutely kills it. And having attended a 30 yr HS reunion, I can testify his life is not that much different than the best athlete from my school.

So many great scenes.
    * Trying to stalk Ali, online, in the bar -"What's a Facebook"
    * Miguel's opening move in the U18AVT
    * The special tournament Gis
    * Danielson's cheesy commericals

I'm looking forward to season 2. Hopefully they can keep the same modern day to nostalgic balance, then had in season 1. Between the daughter taking up karate and Creese coming to regain his throne, things could get sappy very quick

So I watched the first two episodes and it is funny but is the rest really worth a Red subscription? I have so many dang subscriptions these days.

So I watched the first two episodes and it is funny but is the rest really worth a Red subscription? I have so many dang subscriptions these days.
    The subscription is free to try for 30 days. Get it, watch Cobra Kai, and then drop it. Then, next year, when Season 2 drops, get it, watch it, and drop it again. You don't have to worry about paying Google $10 a month just to skip ads on Youtube, but you get the highest quality show.

Do Youtube originals come with YoutubeTv? I watched it over the weekend and didn't have to subscribe but am a YoutubeTv subscriber.

Default Cobra Kai

Yes. It was worth it!! Rotten Tomatoes has it at 100% if that helps at all.

I am actually going through it a second time now with my son and wife..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Worth it. Episode 9 was my favorite by far.
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Do Youtube originals come with YoutubeTv? I watched it over the weekend and didn't have to subscribe but am a YoutubeTv subscriber.
    Yes.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I finished it. I enjoyed it, but thought Johnny's kid was very unlikeable.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    I finished it. I enjoyed it, but thought Johnny's kid was very unlikeable.
    I agree. His arc was too quick and not really believable.
    -Turtle