Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help settle a bet

Settle a bet for me
    Which team wins a game to 30 call your own fouls win by 2?

Team A:
    Magic
    Kobe
    Bird
    Akeem
    Duncan

Team B:
    Jordan
    Wade
    LeBron
    The unibrow
    Durant
    Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 05-07-2018, 04:37 PM.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

B wins because of LeBron calling his own fouls. Why the asterisks?
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      B wins because of LeBron calling his own fouls. Why the asterisks?
      It was just what happened When i copied and pasted
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Team A is never going to call a foul on themselves because there were no fouls in their era.
        Last edited by falafel; 05-08-2018, 10:35 AM.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Team B because they are better at basketball.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

I'm going with team B too. Every GOAT conversation starts and ends with Jordan and Lebron. Putting them on the same team together? Yeah, I can't see them losing.

It would be an interesting game, though.

Comment

Team B.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The game has changed so much with high ball screens setting up corner three's, it's hard to even think how a game like this would go. Jordan and Lebron on same team is pretty invincible, but team A would likely have better chemistry and might end up with better shots because of it. I kind of think Magic might be not be very valuable in today's game with bigger, athletic guys guarding him than he had in the 80's. Team B.

Comment

Team B would have trouble guarding The Dream and Timmy at the same time, but AD length and LBJ's strength would make them work. Team B shoots the ball so much better from deep, it is no comparison. Without looking, I would guess AD shoots the 3 at a similar percentage to Kobe (though not nearly the usage, obviously), that leaves Bird as their only deep threat. MJ and Wade are considered two of the best defensive guards of all time. Team A will get buckets but they are working for every shot. Team B would be able to drive and kick at will (Larry or Magic is staying in front of MJ, or even Wade? Nope).

Basically, it comes down to the modern NBA and what the Warriors have perfected. 3s are more valuable than 2s, and Team B is going to make a lot more of them. In fact Team A will likely take 20 seconds per possession to even get a 2 or tightly contested 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                    Settle a bet for me
                    Which team wins a game to 30 call your own fouls win by 2?

Team A:
                    Magic
                    Kobe
                    Bird
                    Akeem
                    Duncan

Team B:
                    Jordan
                    Wade
                    LeBron
                    The unibrow
                    Durant
                    Team B doesn't fit together particularly well, though they have the two best players. Wade + Jordan + LeBron with each other would have too much overlap. Team A on the other hand would play quite well together. I'd pick Team A quite honestly. There's a fairly large chasm at the 4-5, I assume Durant would be at the 4 -- Hakeem + Duncan > Davis + Durant.

I suppose the exercise was to see if someone would pick the team with the two best players that doesn't fit together very well. If that's not the case, I'm curious why you wouldn't swap Curry for Wade in that scenario.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Kobe was never all that efficient and he didn’t rebound — he was a good defender though.

The most remarkable thing about Kobe is that he was a sustained a top 10 NBA player over a longer time period than most.

Thought this post was interesting: https://deadspin.com/who-was-the-act...-du-1770857828

Comment

Team A is probably better overall on defense. But team B would be a scoring machine. Just too many options. Although Lebron might lose his focus when no one on 'A' calls their fouls on him.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                        X