Yeah, I'm starting this already: the 2018-2019 NHL Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'm starting this already: the 2018-2019 NHL Offseason thread

A few months old, but interesting and encouraging article about the Blackhawks. I wish I had some optimism, but right now I don't. I don't know how the blueline is fixed with the Seabrook contract and Keith's regression. I think even with his decline the Demi God remained incredibly important to the team. The Blackhawks need a solution for him being essentially retired. Not sure what that solution will be.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.98c54b82a1a3

https://www.nhl.com/news/2018-nhl-dr...ed/c-297818406
    Blackhawks have a 6.5% chance at getting the top pick in the draft. Obviously it would be huge as the top player in the draft fills the Blackhawks biggest need. So, Bettman fix the damn lottery for us, it is the best thing for the league.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Last night was awesome. I blinked and the Knights up 3-0.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

You suck Bettman. All you had to do is rig the lottery and you failed.
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Well fucking hell.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...-draft-lottery
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

It shouldn't have ended this way for Hossa. It seemed highly unlikely that he would ever be back in the NHL, but it sucks having it all but official now. Hossa is my favorite player from the Blackhawks 2010-2015 run of 3 cups. He doesn't get enough credit.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...lights-moments
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

this sucks
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                this sucks
                Really fucking sucks. He is still a damn valuable player. The Blackhawks are much better with him.

Ideally, trade his contract and get him involved in the organization again in 3 years. His hockey knowledge is amazing. I'd see him as a good front office person or coach
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting this already: the 2018-2019 NHL Offseason thread

I am watching Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals but there seems to be some sort of Opera going on????? WTH?!???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So the Blackhawks are actually going to have some cap space this summer to be involved in free agency. We are under the cap and aren't carrying any overages this year. There are good options in unrestricted free agency on the blueline.

Blackhawks need to make a run at John Carlson. If the Blackhawks can get him on a deal that is around 6 million AAV they need to make that move. While I know there is some forward talent that will be intriguing with our draft pick, draft another blueliner and fast track him to the NHL.

Also, try to move Hossa's contract and I'm ready to move on from Ansimov if possible.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Barry Trotz has stepped down as the HC of the Capitals. He's a free agent now.
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

why?

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          why?
                          He isn't paid enough.

https://deadspin.com/barry-trotz-is-...ach-1826926846
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            Crazy. Why the fuck wouldn't they pay the man his money? It isn't like it goes against the cap. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              bruh no deadspin links plz
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                              X