Yeah, I'm starting this already: the 2018-2019 NHL Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    Crazy. Why the fuck wouldn't they pay the man his money? It isn't like it goes against the cap. Strange.
    Apparently he was making 1.5 million on his deal and had a clause that gave him a 2 year extension and a 300k raise if he won the cup. That still doesn't putt him in the elite level salaries by any stretch. I think it is safe to say that the organization didn't think he'd win the cup this year, and was planning to let him walk when the season ended. They have a guy on the bench named Todd Rierdan, who apparently had a clause in his contract that didn't allow him to negotiate with other teams (because they were grooming him to be Trotz's eventual replacement). I suspect the organization is comfortable with him moving into the big chair and Trotz going off to get a payday with the Islanders or someone else.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Salary cap to be 79.5 - 80.0 million. So the Blackhawks will have 10 million to work with. Also, get Hossa's contract traded and we are at about 15 million to work with.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Barry Trotz was not unemployed for very long, he now heads to the Islanders as their head coach.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
          Barry Trotz was not unemployed for very long, he now heads to the Islanders as their head coach.
          Good choice for them, I think.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Caps re-sign John Carlson. 8 Years 64 million. Pretty hefty, but he was one of the best at his position. They've also offered a contract to Kempny, so if they keep him then they will be able to bring the band back for another run. Plus, they sent Orpik to CO and he was bought out, so he could be back as well. All in all, a productive weekend for the Caps.

Comment

Gary Bettman is in this years class for the hockey HOF. I wonder if he will be booed during his induction.

Comment

Caps bring back both Devante Smith-Pelly and Michael Kempny, who had bigger offers to go elsewhere, but opted to stay in DC.

Comment

Las Vegas loses winger David Perron to the St. Louis Blues, but gets Paul Stastny in return. Perron was solid in the season, but wasn't wonderful in the playoffs.

Comment

CBJ gets Center Riley Nash who played for the Bruins last year Hoping this adds depth to their offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing exciting happening for the Blackhawks. The Kings made the right call with Doughty, but welcome to a new level of salary cap hell. Kovalchuk is an interesting signing, but, again, salary cap hell. The Kings have 74 million committed to 15 players next season. Something will have to give on that roster.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The Blackhawks move Hossa's contract in a move that frees up 8.5 million in salary cap space. Blackhawks bring back Kruger who was definitely missed last year. Not sure how I feel about giving up Hinostroza in the deal.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

so happy about Kruger!
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                          X