2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    If they keep playing Nixon at the minutes they played him against Houston he will break down, as he did last year and then you don't have a glue guy to get your 'supa' stars more possessions. He was gassed against Houston, especially due to the constant switching on defence. If Rose could pick his spots with Nixon at 15 to 20 minutes a game that would be ideal. Partly because that would mean he was able to pick his spots with some other player.
    You only want to play the team MVP 15-20 minutes a game? Lakers should try that with Lebron.
    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      You only want to play the team MVP 15-20 minutes a game? Lakers should try that with Lebron.
      I think your keen observation skills aren't so keen. First you had no idea BYU was switching on D, and then this from you above—nobody, and I mean nobody but you is comparing Nixon to Lebron. That's just dumb.

Comment

I think your keen observation skills aren't so keen. First you had no idea BYU was switching on D, and then this from you above—nobody, and I mean nobody but you is comparing Nixon to Lebron. That's just dumb.
        They had to switch because Nixon can't get over a screen, which meant Yo was late closing out, trying to cover Nixons shitty D.

Also they continued to match Nixon up on Brady later in the game and Brady scored 3 straight buckets. I would guess that whoever Nixon was guarding shot about 90% for the game.

Maybe we should recap the season stats. Since he said he is great around the rim.

Then again maybe shooting percentage is cherry picked. 41% from the floor and 8% from 3. Not a typo, 8%!

He steal leads in fouls, but he is up to 2 blocks and 3 steals on the season. His 3 steals actually rank 7th on the team. So that is solid.
        *Banned*

Comment

They had to switch because Nixon can't get over a screen, which meant Yo was late closing out, trying to cover Nixons shitty D.

Also they continued to match Nixon up on Brady later in the game and Brady scored 3 straight buckets. I would guess that whoever Nixon was guarding shot about 90% for the game.

Maybe we should recap the season stats. Since he said he is great around the rim.

Then again maybe shooting percentage is cherry picked. 41% from the floor and 8% from 3. Not a typo, 8%!

He steal leads in fouls, but he is up to 2 blocks and 3 steals on the season. His 3 steals actually rank 7th on the team. So that is solid.
          You go for it—do everything you can to validate your irrational hate. Heck, why don't you see if you can get a pick up game with Nixon on the floor and match up with him. Like MikeWaters, I'd bet you'd also shoot 90%!

Comment

You go for it—do everything you can to validate your irrational hate. Heck, why don't you see if you can get a pick up game with Nixon on the floor and match up with him. Like MikeWaters, I'd bet you'd also shoot 90%!
            I would kick Nixons ass in a pick-up game. That is a fact. Sorry champ, this is not a MikeWaters situation. Remember who he claimed he could beat 1 on 1. I would rather have David Nixon playing PF than Dalton Nixon.
            *Banned*

Comment

I would kick Nixons ass in a pick-up game. That is a fact. Sorry champ, this is not a MikeWaters situation. Remember who he claimed he could beat 1 on 1. I would rather have David Nixon playing PF than Dalton Nixon.
              You'd shoot o'fer against me, and I am old fat, can't move and don't play pick-up anymore. Sorry champ, that is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                You'd shoot o'fer against me, and I am old fat, can't move and don't play pick-up anymore. Sorry champ, that is a fact.
                I'm down for PPV (better this than Woods/Mickelson).

Comment

Let me know next time you get down this way.
                  *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    Haha. It would be closer to Jack vs Arnie at their current age (yes I know Arnie is dead).
                    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Was thinking the same thing. Count me in!
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• i'd pony up to watch that. no question.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Let's do this. With my newly acquired companion pass on SWA, I'll even bring my wife along for the spectacle.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Played basketball this morning, neither Tooblue or Dalton Nixon want this smoke.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Played basketball this morning, neither Tooblue or Dalton Nixon want this smoke.
                              Is the smoke because you were on fire ... or because you are a fart in a whirlwind? You're right, I don't want any of that

Comment

• Is the game on TV? What is ESPN+? streaming?

Comment

Working...
                                X