Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: 2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

4 terrible turnovers in a row and USF is right back in it.

Wow. Are we going to choke away a late 14 point lead? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Wow. Are we going to choke away a late 14 point lead? Sheesh.
    Yup. There it is. Frankie Ferrari is killing us.

USF takes the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Baxter is a difference maker.

At the beginning of conference play I thought 20 regular season wins was the absolute ceiling for this team and looks like they will get there.
    I blame Cardiac.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

So. Uh. This is awful.

Yuck.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Barf
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

BYU had a 98.1% win probability with under 8 mins remaining.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Just when I was starting to feel a little something for BYU hoops again, they do.... that.

Fuck this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    I blame Cardiac.
    Dammit that sucked.

After showing resilience on the road last week, twice coming back from double-digit deficits to win, they decide to choke away a double-digit advantage at home. Of course.

On the bright side, if they're not the #2 seed, they have more potential games.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Go Cougs!

Gonzaga is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    Go Cougs!

Gonzaga is really good.
    Not getting embarrassed so far at halftime.

I’m not turning it off yet!

Rose has not been pleased with the officiating tonight.

USF lost tonight. They have to win their final two games now to stay ahead of us. But I assume smc owns the tiebreaker over us anyway, correct?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Go Cougs!

Gonzaga is really good.
    Yip.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I feel bad for Nixon and Hardnett not getting any playing time for the last few weeks. On the other hand, for the most part BYU has played better during that same time period than they did with them.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-28-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I feel bad for Nixon and Hardnett not getting any playing time for the last few weeks. On the other hand, for the most part BYU has played better during that same time period than they did with them.
    Paging: Tooblue

Nixon is now 9th on the team in minutes. Still shooting a blistering 40% from the floor (pretty sure TB told us he was great around the rim) and 6% from 3. The team MVP sure continues to do all the little things.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Paging: Tooblue

Nixon is now 9th on the team in minutes. Still shooting a blistering 40% from the floor (pretty sure TB told us he was great around the rim) and 6% from 3. The team MVP sure continues to do all the little things.
    I didn't intend to rip on Nixon or Jahshire. Just pointing out that sometimes the coaches make the right decisions. Then when these guys transfer we can all go back to ripping on the coaches for letting ineffective or underperforming players transfer after going to the bench, along with our other collective silly criticisms like Rose never benches players when they play badly (except the countless number who have transferred for that very reason).

BYU is a three-point favorite tonight against the Toreros of San Diego. Tipoff is scheduled for 10 pm MST, but could be delayed because of the earlier game (Pepperdine vs San Francisco). The game is slated to be broadcast on ESPN2. BYU swept the season series against USD, winning in overtime at Jenny Craig Pavilion and winning by 14 in the regular season home finale.

After the game, go ahead and adjust your clocks for Daylight Savings.

The winner faces Saint Mary's for Family Home Evening on Monday night.
    - Goatnapper'96

Anyone else at the Orleans tonight? I had a conference in the area last week, so I extended my trip for a couple of days.

I would guess that Gonzaga has more fans here than any of the four teams that are actually playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Anyone else at the Orleans tonight? I had a conference in the area last week, so I extended my trip for a couple of days.

I would guess that Gonzaga has more fans here than any of the four teams that are actually playing.
    I am not. You'll have to cheer for the both of us.
    - Goatnapper'96

I have better seats than Ton Holmoe. Anyone have any questions they want me to ask him? He’s on the aisle a couple of rows up from me

USF getting pounded by Pepperdine right now. Classic WCC.

Breaking news from courtside: Lee Cummard looks like a deacon wearing a brand new suit as he passes the sacrament for the first time.

Still, he is probably my second favorite BYU basketball player of all time.

#2: Luke is pulling up for threes during layup drills. Maybe a new strategy tonight??

SD’s uniforms look like pajamas.

Danny Ainge just walked by me. Didn’t say “Hi”

USF getting pounded by Pepperdine right now. Classic WCC.
    USF had a total collapse at the end of the season.

Their only success was that win at the MC.

Looking like we really care out there!