Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 241 to 250 of 250

Thread: 2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

  1. #241
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I spend every game hoping tooblue's MVP picks up fouls so he will go to the bench.
    So we can get more Worthington?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  2. #242
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    47,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I spend every game hoping tooblue's MVP picks up fouls so he will go to the bench.
    He was terrible last night.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  3. #243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    He was terrible last night.
    He was almost as bad as Haws playing half as many minutes!

  4. #244
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    33,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    So we can get more Worthington?
    At the very least I don't have to worry about Luke pump faking and passing up wide open shots.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  5. #245
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,885

    Default

    I like Harding and hope he comes along nicely this year. He’s big for a guard but has nice touch. Gives me a bit of a Tyler Haws vibe.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  6. #246

    Default

    With the exception of Childs, our bigs were terrible last night. This team better learn how to sink their threes soon.
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

    Woot

    I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

  7. #247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
    With the exception of Childs, our bigs were terrible last night. This team better learn how to sink their threes soon.
    with exception of Childs "our" bigs ARE terrible.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  8. #248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I spend every game hoping tooblue's MVP picks up fouls so he will go to the bench.
    Dalton Nixon is garbage.

    He is shooting 12% from three and under 40% from the floor. Other than his 3pt attempts (which are less than 25% of his total shots) everything is at the rim. He can't make a layup to save his life. He leads the team in fouls and he is second in turnovers. Yet only averages 17 minutes per night. And for those who say he fills the box score and does the little things, he has 1 steal and 1 block on the season, not to mention 5th on the team in rebounding.

    Still not sure what he does well. He is a smaller version of Luke.

    This teams best lineup by far is Yo, Gavin Baxter, Harding, TJ and Hardnett.

    I think we will start seeing that lineup more and more as the season progresses. Seljaas is a one trick pony who is down to 36% from three which actually leads the team.

    Yo 14 boards per game is very impressive, but its also out of necessity with this team.
    *Banned*

  9. #249
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Dalton Nixon is garbage.

    He is shooting 12% from three and under 40% from the floor. Other than his 3pt attempts (which are less than 25% of his total shots) everything is at the rim. He can't make a layup to save his life. He leads the team in fouls and he is second in turnovers. Yet only averages 17 minutes per night. And for those who say he fills the box score and does the little things, he has 1 steal and 1 block on the season, not to mention 5th on the team in rebounding.

    Still not sure what he does well. He is a smaller version of Luke.

    This teams best lineup by far is Yo, Gavin Baxter, Harding, TJ and Hardnett.

    I think we will start seeing that lineup more and more as the season progresses. Seljaas is a one trick pony who is down to 36% from three which actually leads the team.

    Yo 14 boards per game is very impressive, but its also out of necessity with this team.
    Lots of deficiencies, so it will be interesting to see what Rose can do with this team. I like the three freshman, in Harding, Baxter and Lee as each shows promise. BYU will never be big time but it is amazing how large the talent gap is between BYU an those above it.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  10. #250
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Dalton Nixon is garbage.

    He is shooting 12% from three and under 40% from the floor. Other than his 3pt attempts (which are less than 25% of his total shots) everything is at the rim. He can't make a layup to save his life. He leads the team in fouls and he is second in turnovers. Yet only averages 17 minutes per night. And for those who say he fills the box score and does the little things, he has 1 steal and 1 block on the season, not to mention 5th on the team in rebounding.

    Still not sure what he does well. He is a smaller version of Luke.

    This teams best lineup by far is Yo, Gavin Baxter, Harding, TJ and Hardnett.

    I think we will start seeing that lineup more and more as the season progresses. Seljaas is a one trick pony who is down to 36% from three which actually leads the team.

    Yo 14 boards per game is very impressive, but its also out of necessity with this team.
    I concur.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •