X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    No, but he was fat today.
    Strange, then, that his feet held up.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Who the hell are the Cougar Cagers? Seriously, did I miss something?

PROVO - New haircut, new look, new season, everything is new and a fresh start for BYU forward Zac Seljaas. But the best new aspect to this season for Seljaas is the offense that he will be playing in this season for the 2018-19 Cougar Cagers. The short shorts are staying though, just in case you were wondering. Some things can't change.
      With the lack of size in the frontcourt that BYU currently has and one of those bigs that they do have on the roster is currently injured, the Cougar Cagers have to improve from the 34.7% clip they shot last year from deep.
      https://247sports.com/college/byu/Ar...nse-123429666/

Cougar cagers to host Penn State
      Published: December 2, 1997 12:00 am
      https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...enn-State.html

BYU Basketball: Are the Cougar Cagers better this season without Eric Mika & Nick Emery?
      https://espn960sports.com/cougar-spo...ka-nick-emery/

BYU Basketball: Cougar Cagers will play New Mexico in The Pit for Charity
      https://espn960sports.com/cougar-spo...t-for-charity/

BYU Basketball: Dalton Nixon will have Instant Impact on 2014-15 Cougar Cagers
      https://lawlessrepublic.com/2014/06/...cougar-cagers/

The Daily Universe, from 2001 (!)

Cougar cagers improve team
      https://universe.byu.edu/2001/05/14/...-improve-team/
      Last edited by falafel; 10-17-2018, 10:34 AM.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Cougars is a reference to Brigham Young University. Cagers is a term for a basketball player.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Cougars is a reference to Brigham Young University. Cagers is a term for a basketball player.
          I have literally never heard that term before.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You managed to google all those references to cougar cagers but didn't bother to look for a definition?

Comment

I have literally never heard that term before.
              It refers to when games were played on a court surrounded by a chain link or net cage.
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                You managed to google all those references to cougar cagers but didn't bother to look for a definition?
                I thought it was a mistake or some sort. Or perhaps just a local appellation.

Besides, as JL knows, I prefer to use CS as my google.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I thought it was a mistake or some sort. Or perhaps just a local appellation.

Besides, as JL knows, I prefer to use CS as my google.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Thanks google, er, Surfah.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Thanks google, er, Surfah.
                      I knew the origin of the term. Basketball rules used to award possession to the first team who touched the ball after it went out of bounds. As you can imagine, players were diving into spectators to get the ball. So they put cages around the court until the rules were changed.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        I knew the origin of the term. Basketball rules used to award possession to the first team who touched the ball after it went out of bounds. As you can imagine, players were diving into spectators to get the ball. So they put cages around the court until the rules were changed.
                        I was just referring to my use of the board as a search engine. I have no doubt you know this any many other arcane basketball facts!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I was just referring to my use of the board as a search engine. I have no doubt you know this any many other arcane basketball facts!
                          "cager" = arcane. Lol. Just stop already.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

yeah, arcane probably not the best description. maybe dated, if anything. the term was used a ton back in the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, less as time passes, but i remember asking my dad about it when i was about 10 and you still see it on occasion.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              yeah, arcane probably not the best description. maybe dated, if anything. the term was used a ton back in the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, less as time passes, but i remember asking my dad about it when i was about 10 and you still see it on occasion.
                              It is a very common term.

Wait until falafel hears the word "gridiron".
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                It is a very common term.

Wait until falafel hears the word "gridiron".
                                lol
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X