2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I was frustrated with Hardnett's willingness to let it fly. But he also basically won the Pacific game for us. In the right situations, he definitely had a solid role.

Not that it really matters (this season is wasted), but we'd best hope and pray that neither Haws nor Emery go down.
    Agreed. Hardnett sometimes looked really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Agreed. Hardnett sometimes looked really good.
      Hardnett was not a great (maybe not even a good) player. But he was by far the best guard on the team at getting to the rim. His absence will cost us a game or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
        Hardnett was not a great (maybe not even a good) player. But he was by far the best guard on the team at getting to the rim. His absence will cost us a game or two.
        Haven't you heard? We can just get some random dude from the student section to suit up and we won't skip a beat.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Haven't you heard? We can just get some random dude from the student section to suit up and we won't skip a beat.
          Yeah it should be no big deal to replace the third leading scorer on the team mid season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            Yeah it should be no big deal to replace the third leading scorer on the team mid season.
            I agree. We can find another third leading scorer easily. Likely it will be the current fourth leading scorer, but I could be surprised.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
              Hardnett is transferring. I fear that his leaving is not a simple issue of role or playing time. It seems that Rose is not connecting with his players and has created a culture where players, lesser talents and major contributors alike, take the first train out.
              Hardnett wants to shoot more. He thinks he’s a shooting guard. Rose wants him to be a PG and his camp wants him to be a shooting guard so he’s leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                Hardnett wants to shoot more. He thinks he’s a shooting guard. Rose wants him to be a PG and his camp wants him to be a shooting guard so he’s leaving.
                Weird.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I didn't realize this was a midseason transfer and he's leaving immediately. I still don't think it's a big loss. But when it's in the middle of the season, it's obviously more difficult to adjust.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I agree. We can find another third leading scorer easily. Likely it will be the current fourth leading scorer, but I could be surprised.
                    lol. one of the funnier things you've posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Weird.
                      weird in that he has never shown to be a very good shooter. He can drive to the basket for sure. But he can do that as a point guard.

Comment

• Emery has to step up now.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                          That's not the info I have. But it's possible that we are both right.

Comment

• Looks like cooler heads have prevailed and Jahshire will finish out the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              Looks like cooler heads have prevailed and Jahshire will finish out the year?

That would be the best case for him. Graduate and then do a grad transfer and not have to sit out a year. Hope he does well to finish things up.

Comment

• Thinking to attend the game on Thursday. Might not make it to the MC until after tipoff. Best place for tickets?
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X