Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Interesting. I couldn't find much on him. Is this a big deal? Did he choose us over any big name schools? Watching the video, I'm not sure what to think. He plays small for a 7 footer, crouching down on his turn arounds and not really utilizing his body and length. But then he looked decisive and powerful on a couple of his moves. First impression is that I'm not holding my breath for this guy to be a star. But, cool. 7 ft Chinese basketball player is interesting.
    He's not 7'. More like 6'9" using the Santos height test.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

I am a big fan of tall asian kids.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

That's one tall Asian cager!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

He's awesome. He never misses.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    This dude just committed to BYU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3xhRhq9TU

He totally rattles in his free throw attempt in his first highlight. Sorry for the spoiler.
    Love that free throw highlight — way off line and takes a lucky high bounce and miraculously goes in.

If that’s the highlight FT then he has only ever made one FT in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Love that free throw highlight — way off line and takes a lucky high bounce and miraculously goes in.

If that’s the highlight FT then he has only ever made one FT in his career.
    Ha! It was never in doubt. A 6'9" - 7'0" big man who specializes in low block fadeaways and reverse layups without a single dunk in the highlight reel? I shall call him Asian Nate Austin.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Ha! It was never in doubt. A 6'9" - 7'0" big man who specializes in low block fadeaways and reverse layups without a single dunk in the highlight reel? I shall call him Asian Nate Austin.
    There are some dunk highlights in another reel. Establishing a connection to China would be fine but he's really from California in terms of recruiting. Also, his head coach is Coach Reinert, formerly at BYU.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Pre-Historic Man

He tripped over a twinkie while eating a tray of Big Macs.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    let’s not give him the crown yet, we have no idea whether he will be able to grow a huge disgusting boil
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    let’s not give him the crown yet, we have no idea whether he will be able to grow a huge disgusting boil