2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    Ahh, when presented with logic in comes captain zero sum ... lol. By all means chase him off then, but be careful what you wish for.

Look, I have been highly critical of his recruiting—he needs to stop only recruiting entitled Utah County players and get back to bringing in some of the gems he has brought in the past.

Easy there, tiger. For the moment the topic of discussion is whether not the current problems are due to players or coaching or both. Personally, I think it is both.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      I understand, but that doesn't change the fact that Haws is on record as stating he didn't see eye to eye with Schroyer last season and that overall, since his arrival in the program he and BYU have underperformed. We can argue that's due to coaching, but at some point we have to look at the players failure to execute what they have been coached to do. Considering Rose's success over many years, the problem does not lie with the coaching.

Over three seasons, on multiple occasions, from my perspective, I have seen Rose deliberately sit Haws due to his selfish play. It happened recently at Illinois State during a key stretch. Last night, for the first time this season Haws finally played up to his potential and showed real leadership as a captain. He played within the offense and picked the right moments to be ball dominant, and the tug-a-war between him and Hardnett didn't manifest.

Maybe, or likely that's due to the arrival of Emery, but it also fits a pattern we have seen every season with Haws on the squad: BYU comes out of the gate looking good, they play well for a couple of games but begin to fall apart and suffer a humiliating loss to a lessor squad.

Both Haws and Harndett are ball dominant players. Objectively, of the two, I want Haws to be the only ball dominant player on the floor. Last night it looked to me like Haws decided (partly coaching) to settle the on-floor battle with Hardnett by choosing to play better off the ball and by picking his spots to be ball dominant. He was fantastic. As a result, Hardnett's ineffective ball dominant play was exposed. Emery came in the game and showed him he is expendable, and Hardnett adjusted his play.

All that started and ended with Haws.
      Kyle Collinsworth, Elijah Bryant, Payton Dastrup were the least coachable players the last few year based on what they are asked to do and what they do instead. Kyle was downright combative with the coaches. TJ didn’t like Schroeder but neither did anyone else. The entire starting 5, except Dalton and including TJ, has struggled to execute the coaches plans this year. They seemed to think they could win doing what they wanted.

Comment

• Frustrating first half. Yo is dominant, but when they start doubling and tripling, we can’t make our kick out 3s. Some shitty officiating and garbage play by our wings had allowed Utah to stay close. Could have easily been a 10-12 point lead at half with some better care of the ball.

Can we send Zac back out on his mission to finish? He’s not having the benefits of a basketball mission that some of our other players got.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Frustrating first half. Yo is dominant, but when they start doubling and tripling, we can’t make our kick out 3s. Some shitty officiating and garbage play by our wings had allowed Utah to stay close. Could have easily been a 10-12 point lead at half with some better care of the ball.

Can we send Zac back out on his mission to finish? He’s not having the benefits of a basketball mission that some of our other players got.

Zac is terrible.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Zach did a few good things offensively early but was incredibly uncoordinated in the last 5 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Good start to the half for Zach. Block rebounds and hit a shot. He just seems sloppy with the ball but this is not his worst game by any stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                Good start to the half for Zach. Block rebounds and hit a shot. He just seems sloppy with the ball but this is not his worst game by any stretch.

Then he misses four threes in a row.

Comment

• lots of things to hate about whit but man krystko is a crazy combination of smug and whiny
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Yeah he is not shooting well. Haws overpassed a little. He should have been a bit more aggressive offensively. Passed up three open looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      Good start to the half for Zach. Block rebounds and hit a shot. He just seems sloppy with the ball but this is not his worst game by any stretch.
                      Its a bad thing that nearly every 3 he shoots is so off that it visibly has no chance right from the time it leaves his hands, right? That’s not what you want from a 3pt shooter, right?
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• that yo dunk oof
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          that yo dunk oof
                          And the pass... great play.

Comment

• In the process of blowing a huge 2nd half lead against Utah. Why does this feel so familiar?

Comment

• 2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Its a bad thing that nearly every 3 he shoots is so off that it visibly has no chance right from the time it leaves his hands, right? That’s not what you want from a 3pt shooter, right?
                              Yeah not good. He has to take those shots though. Those are the shots the offense was creating. To be honest Haws should have taken them and not overpassed with the exception of the skip pass he made to Zach in the corner.

Comment

• TJ!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X