Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: 2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

  1. #31

    Default

    Some utes were telling me it was going to be multiple years of probation for the program with scholarship cuts, postseason bans, and who knows what else. What happened?

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Taysomsbitch isn't taken.

  3. #33

    Default

    Alright BYU, it's time to release the whole schedule please.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Alright BYU, it's time to release the whole schedule please.
    https://byucougars.com/schedule/m-basketball/2018-2019

    Emery gets to play against USU and Utah

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    https://byucougars.com/schedule/m-basketball/2018-2019

    Emery gets to play against USU and Utah
    I'm happy for him and the team, but honestly, do you think he'll ever be what he was? Something like this seems to take a toll on players' performance.

    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    I'm happy for him and the team, but honestly, do you think he'll ever be what he was? Something like this seems to take a toll on players' performance.
    Let's face it, Emery was never really that great. So in this case, I have every expectation that he'll be exactly what he was.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Let's face it, Emery was never really that great. So in this case, I have every expectation that he'll be exactly what he was.
    He was all-conference as a freshman.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    I'm happy for him and the team, but honestly, do you think he'll ever be what he was? Something like this seems to take a toll on players' performance.
    His personal issues already took a toll during his sophomore year. His mental state could very well be much better this year which could/should translate into his play on the court. We'll see how it goes.

  9. #39

    Default

    Jesse Wade from Gonzaga announced he is transferring to BYU.

  10. #40
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    Jesse Wade from Gonzaga announced he is transferring to BYU.
    Kid rode the pine at the Kennel, and was likely to get even less PT in the future. Odds are he will be a contributor, if not starter in Provo. Good indicator of how far apart the two programs are.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Kid rode the pine at the Kennel, and was likely to get even less PT in the future. Odds are he will be a contributor, if not starter in Provo. Good indicator of how far apart the two programs are.
    Know who else rode the pine as a freshman?

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../rui-hachimura

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Kid rode the pine at the Kennel, and was likely to get even less PT in the future. Odds are he will be a contributor, if not starter in Provo. Good indicator of how far apart the two programs are.
    It will probably be quite a while before he's a starter for BYU, or probably even a contributor depending on how you define that. Depth isn't a bad thing anyway.

  13. #43
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    It will probably be quite a while before he's a starter for BYU, or probably even a contributor depending on how you define that. Depth isn't a bad thing anyway.
    Yip. At least a year.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  14. #44

    Default

    there is no reason Wade can't come in and compete for a starting job as soon as he is eligible to play.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •