No announcement yet.

2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our unathletic white guy teams in the past competed well mainly because of excellent three throw and three point shooting. WTF has happened in the last five years in those two areas?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
      Solid win that they tried very hard to give away. The final defensive set in regulation was comical as has been mentioned, but let's discuss free throws. Look, I don't expect Luke to make free throws. Going 0-2 from the line in crunch time was expected and frankly I think we should show encouragement to him every time his sneakers are tied correctly and he's out there getting good exercise most importantly. I can deal with Yo going 1-2 - he's not a great shooter and certainly doesn't have a pure stroke. But for dudes like Seljaas to miss the front end of a crucial 1 and 1 and for Emery to brick the front end of what would've forced USD into a rushed 3 after going the length of the court is unacceptable. Unathletic white dudes have one job and that is to be great free throw shooters. Haws is really the only guy I trust to take critical foul shots and yet our team is full of unathletic white dudes. Cannon? 53% from the stripe. Emery? 72% Harding? 65%. You guys have one job.
      Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      Our unathletic white guy teams in the past competed well mainly because of excellent three throw and three point shooting. WTF has happened in the last five years in those two areas?
      Preach!
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Pathetic FT shooting at the end of regulation notwithstanding, that was a nice win. Only the second home loss this year for SD. This year's BYU team has had some head-scratching pathetic games, but one thing they have done is perform well in close games. We have closed out a lot of tight games this year and they deserve credit for that.

TJ is having a helluva year. Remember when tooblue said he was a cancer and the main problem on the team? Good times.
        Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 02-15-2019, 10:56 AM.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Pathetic FT shooting at the end of regulation notwithstanding, that was a nice win. Only the second home loss this year for SD. This year's BYU team has had some head-scratching pathetic games, but one thing they have done well is perform well in close games. We have closed out a lot of tight games this year and they deserve credit for that.

TJ is having a helluva year. Remember when tooblue said he was a cancer and the main problem on the team? Good times.
          I was really down on TJ last year and beginning of this year, but he has definitely turned it around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Pathetic FT shooting at the end of regulation notwithstanding, that was a nice win. Only the second home loss this year for SD. This year's BYU team has had some head-scratching pathetic games, but one thing they have done well is perform well in close games. We have closed out a lot of tight games this year and they deserve credit for that.

Just in time too. We needed someone to step up when the team MVP went down with a flurry of DNPs - Coach's Decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
              Just in time too. We needed someone to step up when the team MVP went down with a flurry of DNPs - Coach's Decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                I was really down on TJ last year and beginning of this year, but he has definitely turned it around.
                I was in this group as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Our unathletic white guy teams in the past competed well mainly because of excellent three throw and three point shooting. WTF has happened in the last five years in those two areas?
                  Kinda does seem like they're just throwing 'em up sometimes, right?

Comment

• Childs is giving Cannon an earful for that forced pass.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Way to close it out, BYU. Nice job with free throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        Way to close it out, BYU. Nice job with free throws.
                        Yep Seljaas and Baxter were solid and 18/21 FTs isn’t bad. Fun last 10 minutes. The 1-3-1 with Baxter at the top kind of worked this time.

20 wins in the regular season could still happen with just winning 2 home games. No bad losses yet in conference. I’m liking this team more and more. Sign me up for NIT tickets!

Comment

• I took the family to the game. Really fun last ten minutes. Go Cougs!
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• If Yoeli sticks around for his senior year, Jesse Wade is almost as good as Dave Rose thinks he is and nobody gets hurt next year BYU could actually have a good team.

Why in the name of all that is holy would Yoeli go pro somewhere for next year?
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                              If Yoeli sticks around for his senior year, Jesse Wade is almost as good as Dave Rose thinks he is and nobody gets hurt next year BYU could actually have a good team.

Why in the name of all that is holy would Yoeli go pro somewhere for next year?
                              Because it’s so damn hard to turn down 60k in a meddling German league.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                Because it’s so damn hard to turn down 60k in a meddling German league.
                                Yeah. Those German cagers need to mind their own business.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X