No announcement yet.

2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If these exhibition games are indicative of this year's team I think Rose's streak of 20 wins is in serious jeopardy.

We shoot at well as the Lakers.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      If these exhibition games are indicative of this year's team I think Rose's streak of 20 wins is in serious jeopardy.

i agree that streak is in jeopardy
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• I watched most of yesterday's game. I thought BYU defended fairly well- was somewhat surprised by the effort on that end of the court.

Here is my take on the BYU Cougars 2018-2019:

1.) We would be better if we had Mika and Elijah, well we don't.

2.) On the perimeter I see it being Hardnett, TJ and Seljaas. Off the bench Rose will bring Cannon, Harding and Bergerson- AYNSOT208! Am I excited- you bet I am excited! Not since Richie Webb and the famous 5-head has there been so much ass kicking rural Idaho (as if there is anything other than RURAL in the best place on earth- I know Commando has become an elitist asshole (or more likely he always was and thus got his buns taped together after wresting practice at Sugar-Salem High) but trust me Matt Cannon and Connor Harding might be better neighbors than your average Honduran refugee-salt of the earth folks these Idaho rednecks!). To be serious this is Seljaas make or break opportunity at BYU. Rose is giving Seljaas every opportunity to make it his own, but Seljaas likely has until Nick Emery has been back about 5 games to take his role by the horns and make it his own. If Zack cannot find Zack's shooting from his freshman year he will be go to the bench. Then the starters will be Hardnett, TJ and Nick. Of the bench it will be primarily Cannon and Harding with Seljaas and Bergerson playing role minutes depending on needs. I don't think Bergerson is very good and I am losing faith in Seljaas. If I am betting man I doubt Seljaas finds it and his minutes are less than 10 mpg by the end of the year. Emery and TJ will both be about 32 mpg, Hardnett will be about 26, and the rest will share the remaining 30 mpg. By the end of the year I think Harding will be getting the most followed by Cannon and then Seljaas. I am big on Harding. I just think he is going to be a consummate team player. He is also from SouthEast Idaho and I think could kick Commando's ass in a fistfight, hunting for deer and waterskiing on a canal being pulled by a Ford or Chevy! But not as much whining about Honduran refugees (God Bless Tom Petty!).

3.) The post positions will be Childs and Worthington. As the greatest intermountain coach of basketball once said: "Starting is for high school." Worthington will start all year and there will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teethe from pussies in the fanbase still butthurt about Issaac Nelson's beating BYU in a game of horse a couple of years ago and the fact that Payton Dastrup wanted to only play horse- and likely would have been good at it. However, I am convinced that the only guy who might play a post position for any minutes regularly who will play less than Worthington will be Lee (AYNSOT208!). Childs will play 34 mpg, I think Baxter will get the next highest mpg totals at about 20, then I expect Luke and Nixon to both get about 15 mpg and mighty, mighty Kolby Lee will get the remaining. Let me add that Baxter is what people are saying about him. I think he has the God given body to be really, really good.

4.) At the end of the year BYU will still be wondering what might of been had Mika and Elijah been on this team. At least next year it will only be wondering about what might of been with Payton Dastrup- who I think would end up worse player than just about every big on BYU's team.
        Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 11-02-2018, 08:05 AM.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• I enjoyed the write up even if I hear miles per gallon in my head every time you write mpg.

Comment

• I keep expecting the ball to go through the hoop when Seljass releases from 3. So frustrating that he keeps missing. Is he just saving the makes for Nevada?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              to be clear, he didn't say baxter was good.
              Yeah, good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                If these exhibition games are indicative of this year's team I think Rose's streak of 20 wins is in serious jeopardy.

We pretty much say this every year after the exhibitions. I can't remember the last time as a whole that our internet basketball fanbase was very impressed after these games, including Jimmer's senior year.
                Last edited by BlueK; 11-02-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• So by how many do we lose at Nevada? 15, 25, or 40?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    So by how many do we lose at Nevada? 15, 25, or 40?
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      Hopefully we'll be surprised. Imagine as a Nevada fan seeing the pre-season top 10 ranking and then going to watch your team at home in their exhibition lose to Washington by 18 points, which is a team ranked on the computer models around the same spot as BYU. If that were us our fanbase would be looking for the nearest tall building to jump from. I know they have talent. They also will have a couple of key players out.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 11-02-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        I watched most of yesterday's game. I thought BYU defended fairly well- was somewhat surprised by the effort on that end of the court.

Here is my take on the BYU Cougars 2018-2019:

1.) We would be better if we had Mika and Elijah, well we don't.
                        Yep.

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        2.) On the perimeter I see it being Hardnett, TJ and Seljaas. Off the bench Rose will bring Cannon, Harding and Bergerson- AYNSOT208! Am I excited- you bet I am excited! Not since Richie Webb and the famous 5-head has there been so much ass kicking rural Idaho (as if there is anything other than RURAL in the best place on earth-
                        I know Commando has become an elitist asshole (or more likely he always was and thus got his buns taped together after wresting practice at Sugar-Salem High)
                        You must be clairvoyant.

but trust me Matt Cannon and Connor Harding might be better neighbors than your average Honduran refugee-salt of the earth folks these Idaho rednecks!). To be serious this is Seljaas make or break opportunity at BYU. Rose is giving Seljaas every opportunity to make it his own, but Seljaas likely has until Nick Emery has been back about 5 games to take his role by the horns and make it his own. If Zack cannot find Zack's shooting from his freshman year he will be go to the bench. Then the starters will be Hardnett, TJ and Nick. Of the bench it will be primarily Cannon and Harding with Seljaas and Bergerson playing role minutes depending on needs. I don't think Bergerson is very good and I am losing faith in Seljaas. If I am betting man I doubt Seljaas finds it and his minutes are less than 10 mpg by the end of the year. Emery and TJ will both be about 32 mpg, Hardnett will be about 26, and the rest will share the remaining 30 mpg. By the end of the year I think Harding will be getting the most followed by Cannon and then Seljaas. I am big on Harding. I just think he is going to be a consummate team player. He is also from SouthEast Idaho and I think could kick Commando's ass in a fistfight, hunting for deer and waterskiing on a canal being pulled by a Ford or Chevy! But not as much whining about Honduran refugees (God Bless Tom Petty!).

I agree that I don't see Seljaas finding his stroke but I will continue to hope he does.

3.) The post positions will be Childs and Worthington. As the greatest intermountain coach of basketball once said: "Starting is for high school." Worthington will start all year and there will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teethe from pussies in the fanbase still butthurt about Issaac Nelson's beating BYU in a game of horse a couple of years ago and the fact that Payton Dastrup wanted to only play horse- and likely would have been good at it. However, I am convinced that the only guy who might play a post position for any minutes regularly who will play less than Worthington will be Lee (AYNSOT208!). Childs will play 34 mpg, I think Baxter will get the next highest mpg totals at about 20, then I expect Luke and Nixon to both get about 15 mpg and mighty, mighty Kolby Lee will get the remaining. Let me add that Baxter is what people are saying about him. I think he has the God given body to be really, really good.
                        I an not sure Lee will play so few minutes compared to Luke. Lee showed some ability to play, more than I anticipated and knocking down a three showed a lot more than Luke ever did.

4.) At the end of the year BYU will still be wondering what might of been had Mika and Elijah been on this team. At least next year it will only be wondering about what might of been with Payton Dastrup- who I think would end up worse player than just about every big on BYU's team.
                        Sadly true. Dastrup is unlikely to reclaim his former glory out of high school though I wish him well.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• The position most interesting to me is the 4 and big wing. I think we start Luke and he does his normal thing of being overly physical which will put him on the bench a lot. The question is what do we do then. The plan I see Lewis working on the most is bringing in Nixon, Bergerson, Harding or Baxter and opening up the offensive paint. When Luke sits in practice, I’ve seen a lot of Shire, Teej, Zach, Dalton, and Yoeli. This group runs a lot of actions without a man in the paint. I also think both Bergerson and Harding are ahead of Baxter in this rotation. Baxter needs to shoot the ball better to see court time outside of defensive stopper. I don’t see Luke playing a ton if he can’t slow down on offense and I do see Dalton playing a ton because he cuts better off the ball than anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                            The position most interesting to me is the 4 and big wing. I think we start Luke and he does his normal thing of being overly physical which will put him on the bench a lot. The question is what do we do then. The plan I see Lewis working on the most is bringing in Nixon, Bergerson, Harding or Baxter and opening up the offensive paint. When Luke sits in practice, I’ve seen a lot of Shire, Teej, Zach, Dalton, and Yoeli. This group runs a lot of actions without a man in the paint. I also think both Bergerson and Harding are ahead of Baxter in this rotation. Baxter needs to shoot the ball better to see court time outside of defensive stopper. I don’t see Luke playing a ton if he can’t slow down on offense and I do see Dalton playing a ton because he cuts better off the ball than anyone.
                            Is Nixon bigger/stronger than Harding?
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              i'd say at this point, he probably is. but ultimately they are built fairly similarly. Harding seems to have a bit more potential in my mind.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Yep. About an inch bigger. Not the 6’8” listed though. More like 6’6”. Much more physically developed though. Dalton has been spending the time in the weight room. Harding has better ball skills though.

Comment

Working...
                                X