2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WCC top 3!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      WCC top 3!
      YES!!!!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

WCC top 3!
        Preferable to the alternative.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Preferable to the alternative.
          What's the alternative?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

What's the alternative?
            Yup. The ceiling for this program is 3 and the floor for this program is 3.

I hate the wcc

Comment

What's the alternative?
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

I hate the wcc
              The historical low is worse than WCC top 3.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

St Mary's is losing 6 of their top 7 players to graduation and a transfer. I think we do better than 3rd this time. It wouldn't be the first time we finished above third in the WCC even though no one probably remembers that. This will also be the first time in the last five or six years that we're not replacing 7 or 8 players from the previous year. The three RMs coming back were 4* recruits. They could add something. It's going to be ok.
                Last edited by BlueK; 05-16-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

I hate the wcc
                  I think our ceiling is 2 and our floor is 3.

Comment

apparently we're opening the season at Nevada. They were a pretty good team last year. The non-conference schedule is shaping up to allow for a good rpi this year regardless of the WCC schedule. We made the tournament in 2015 and 2014 because our non-conference schedule was tough, especially in 2014. It can be done
                    Last edited by BlueK; 05-18-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

We play 3 teams on the pre-season CBS top 25

5. Gonzaga, 8. Nevada, 15. Miss State

Houston should also be pretty good. We have Utah also. And we also renew rivalries with SDSU and UNLV. Add the in-state schools to that and it's a much more interesting non-conference schedule than we've had in a while.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-top-25-and-1/

Comment

Emery reinstated. To miss the first 9 games. Birds flutter.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          Emery reinstated. To miss the first 9 games. Birds flutter.
                          I'll be damned if I get my BYU basketball news from a Texas fan.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            In other news, UNC not penalized for allowing students to get fake grades in fake classes.

In the Emery news, no consideration for the withdrawal for the entirety of the season. The NCAA is like FIFA.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Well done.

Burntorangeintheface was already taken. #POTUS
                              Last edited by Blueintheface; 06-14-2018, 05:43 PM.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                Well done.

Burntorangeintheface was already taken. #POTUS
                                Taysomsbitch isn't taken.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X