2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    Interesting. I couldn't find much on him. Is this a big deal? Did he choose us over any big name schools? Watching the video, I'm not sure what to think. He plays small for a 7 footer, crouching down on his turn arounds and not really utilizing his body and length. But then he looked decisive and powerful on a couple of his moves. First impression is that I'm not holding my breath for this guy to be a star. But, cool. 7 ft Chinese basketball player is interesting.
    He's not 7'. More like 6'9" using the Santos height test.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

I am a big fan of tall asian kids.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That's one tall Asian cager!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He's awesome. He never misses.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            This dude just committed to BYU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3xhRhq9TU

He totally rattles in his free throw attempt in his first highlight. Sorry for the spoiler.
            Love that free throw highlight — way off line and takes a lucky high bounce and miraculously goes in.

If that’s the highlight FT then he has only ever made one FT in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              Love that free throw highlight — way off line and takes a lucky high bounce and miraculously goes in.

If that’s the highlight FT then he has only ever made one FT in his career.
              Ha! It was never in doubt. A 6'9" - 7'0" big man who specializes in low block fadeaways and reverse layups without a single dunk in the highlight reel? I shall call him Asian Nate Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                Ha! It was never in doubt. A 6'9" - 7'0" big man who specializes in low block fadeaways and reverse layups without a single dunk in the highlight reel? I shall call him Asian Nate Austin.
                There are some dunk highlights in another reel. Establishing a connection to China would be fine but he's really from California in terms of recruiting. Also, his head coach is Coach Reinert, formerly at BYU.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

He tripped over a twinkie while eating a tray of Big Macs.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                    let’s not give him the crown yet, we have no idea whether he will be able to grow a huge disgusting boil
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      let’s not give him the crown yet, we have no idea whether he will be able to grow a huge disgusting boil

Comment

• Weird recruitment. He was basically owned by the Chinese sports people. They really decide if he plays and where. The highlight video sucks but he can play. Between Mali and China, maybe we can be international like the rest of the WCC.

On a related note, Baxter airballed a charity shot last night and a three pointer. He’s a fun project but those types usually leave Provo before they develop. Harding is bigger and better than I thought he would be. Jesse Wade’s hands are lightning.

Comment

• Any recap of the tipoff game last night? I missed it. CB is all down on the team after last night. Topper is especially suicidal.

Comment

• The fact that Childs was able to do anything he wanted makes me really concerned about our interior defense. It looks non-existent. This team will be worse than last year's team. No one has stepped up to fill the void left by Bryant's departure.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                              The fact that Childs was able to do anything he wanted makes me really concerned about our interior defense. It looks non-existent. This team will be worse than last year's team. No one has stepped up to fill the void left by Bryant's departure.
                              Several players shot well from three last night, which was something non-existent last year. Seljaas looked a lot more like the freshman version of himself, and his stroke from three looked way more natural and not weird like last year. If those hold up it will make up for Bryant's departure. Everyone looked more comfortable in the offense. Haws was good. Harnett looked very good and not even like the same player. And for what it's worth, the CB crowd as a group tends to be ridiculously negative about the team after the blue-white every year, including the ones where we made the tournament. Thin inside, yes. But if we can shoot from outside and run the floor well they will be better than last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Any recap of the tipoff game last night? I missed it. CB is all down on the team after last night. Topper is especially suicidal.
                                CB in general is insanely negative about everything over the last few years. It's also pretty weak in quality basketball posts outside of maybe only a half dozen posters. I haven't read anything there since late last night, but all the posts I saw from the few basketball smart guys there were not down on the team. Like I said above I was encouraged that several guys were knocking down threes well and within the flow of the offense. We were beyond awful at that last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X