No announcement yet.

2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The full basketball schedule is up. I would expect the TV schedule to be posted pretty soon since the conference schedule is usually pretty well dictated by which games ESPN wants to show and when.

https://byucougars.com/schedule/m-basketball/

Comment

https://twitter.com/drewjay/status/1...870333441?s=19

When I first read this tweet, "forward" was not the word that came to mind for "F Ryan Andrus".
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        https://twitter.com/drewjay/status/1...870333441?s=19

When I first read this tweet, "forward" was not the word that came to mind for "F Ryan Andrus".
        So the 13 scholarship players are:

SRs- 2 (Cannon and Worthington)
        JRs - 6 (Childs, Emery, Haws, Seljaas, Hardnett and Nixon)
        SOs - 1 (Bergerson)
        FR - 4 (Harding, Baxter, Lee and Wade(who is really redshirting but will be a SO next year))

While I am a firm believer that not many teams can make the Sweet 16 with 3 scholarship players from the 208!, BYU has 8 guys returning who have played a lot last year and BYU should be able to go 10-11 deep - I think Baxter and Harding can contribute as true FR but I am not sure about Lee but I hope he can as I don't think either Baxter or Nixon can play the 5.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          So the 13 scholarship players are:

SRs- 2 (Cannon and Worthington)
          JRs - 6 (Childs, Emery, Haws, Seljaas, Hardnett and Nixon)
          SOs - 1 (Bergerson)
          FR - 4 (Harding, Baxter, Lee and Wade(who is really redshirting but will be a SO next year))

While I am a firm believer that not many teams can make the Sweet 16 with 3 scholarship players from the 208!, BYU has 8 guys returning who have played a lot last year and BYU should be able to go 10-11 deep - I think Baxter and Harding can contribute as true FR but I am not sure about Lee but I hope he can as I don't think either Baxter or Nixon can play the 5.
          This is the first time in five or six years that we're not essentially blowing up the roster from the previous year. We'll see if some continuity matters. I think it does. The Rose teams that went to the NCAAs six years in a row had it. These NIT teams have not. And while I understand 24 wins and NIT is a disaster season by fan expectation standards, the truth is it means we were only a couple of good wins minus a couple of bad losses from making the big dance with a decent seed. I think the improvement from last year will get us to that next level this year. I don't remember where I saw it, but I've read that some who have seen Lee working out and practicing with the team over the last several months believe he'll be a significant addition this year.
          Last edited by BlueK; 10-01-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

i just want Gavin Baxter's skill to catch up to his length and athleticism so he can be the hero we both need and deserve!
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              This is the first time in five or six years that we're not essentially blowing up the roster from the previous year. We'll see if some continuity matters. I think it does. The Rose teams that went to the NCAAs six years in a row had it. These NIT teams have not. And while I understand 24 wins and NIT is a disaster season by fan expectation standards, the truth is it means we were only a couple of good wins minus a couple of bad losses from making the big dance with a decent seed. I think the improvement from last year will get us to that next level this year. I don't remember where I saw it, but I've read that some who have seen Lee working out and practicing with the team over the last several months believe he'll be a significant addition this year.
              AYNSOT208!
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

The West Coast Conference TV schedule was recently released so I was just inputting the basketball schedule into my calendar (don't want to double-book). Has anyone heard of "The Valley on ESPN" before? That's the slated TV network for the game at Illinois State. The link leads to the WatchESPN interface.

https://byucougars.com/schedule/m-basketball/2018-2019

Regular season games with no listed TV option so far:
                Alabama A&M
                Houston
                Weber State

Additionally, the game against UNLV is listed as either ESPNEWS or ESPN3.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The West Coast Conference TV schedule was recently released so I was just inputting the basketball schedule into my calendar (don't want to double-book). Has anyone heard of "The Valley on ESPN" before? That's the slated TV network for the game at Illinois State. The link leads to the WatchESPN interface.

https://byucougars.com/schedule/m-basketball/2018-2019

Regular season games with no listed TV option so far:
                  Alabama A&M
                  Houston
                  Weber State

Additionally, the game against UNLV is listed as either ESPNEWS or ESPN3.
                  I haven't heard of "the valley" but I'm guessing it's just a "channel" on WatchESPN.

Also, it looks like the most likely reason they haven't announced TV for Alabama A&M and Houston yet is because the starting times for the football games on those dates (NM State and Utah) is still up in the air. They won't schedule the basketball games for the same time, so they have to see what happens with the football game times first. I would expect they'll be on BYUTV. Weber State is a road game, so not under our control.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 10-09-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    I haven't heard of "the valley" but I'm guessing it's just a "channel" on WatchESPN.

Also, it looks like the most likely reason they haven't announced TV for Alabama A&M and Houston yet is because the starting times for the football games on those dates (NM State and Utah) is still up in the air. They won't schedule the basketball games for the same time, so they have to see what happens with the football game times first. I would expect they'll be on BYUTV. Weber State is a road game, so not under our control.
                    I wasn't suggesting that there wouldn't be TV, just noting that the network had not yet been announced. There are also a couple of other games for which the network has been announced but the time is TBA.
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Kolby Lee is fat that's why his foot keeps breaking.
                      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        When did he break his foot? He shouldn't be fat since he's been home since last December.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting that there wouldn't be TV, just noting that the network had not yet been announced. There are also a couple of other games for which the network has been announced but the time is TBA.
                          I can see a scenario where the Alabama A&M game doesn't make it on BYUTV. ESPN could decide to pass on the NM State game, since they've already committed to their minimum number of games. In that case it goes to BYUTV and the resources may not be available to do both games.

For Houston I think it's probably likely it gets on BYUTV but they're just waiting for a game time from the P12 and whoever is broadcasting the game so they can plan the BYUTV pre and post game shows around it and figure out the best time for the basketball game. If the Utah football game gets scheduled for an early afternoon time or late night time it won't be hard to make the schedule work. If they get an awkward late afternoon time for the football game, who knows. Or possibly ESPN is still thinking about adding the basketball game, but that's probably less likely.
                          Last edited by BlueK; 10-09-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            This seems correct.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                              This seems correct.
                              Did he hurt his foot today or something?
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Did he hurt his foot today or something?
                                No, but he was fat today.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X