2018 - 2019 BYU Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    Hardnett is transferring. I fear that his leaving is not a simple issue of role or playing time. It seems that Rose is not connecting with his players and has created a culture where players, lesser talents and major contributors alike, take the first train out.
    yikes.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Hardnett's a very inefficient player. We could probably find a walk on in the student body to replace him. But a junior starter that's leaving the program is weird. That's a lot of departures in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        Hardnett's a very inefficient player. We could probably find a walk on in the student body to replace him. But a junior starter that's leaving the program is weird. That's a lot of departures in recent years.
        Don’t be ridiculous jay.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Hardnett's a very inefficient player. We could probably find a walk on in the student body to replace him. But a junior starter that's leaving the program is weird. That's a lot of departures in recent years.
          A church school a couple of thousand miles away from family might be tough for any non-LDS kid. I like him and thank him for giving it a chance. Good luck to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Don’t be ridiculous jay.
            Which part is ridiculous? He's inefficient? Easily replaceable? Or it's somewhat concerning to have so many departures?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              A church school a couple of thousand miles away from family might be tough for any non-LDS kid. I like him and thank him for giving it a chance. Good luck to him.
              In my experience the non-LDS, African-American kids from the south adjust better than most.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Funny how the honor code is the ultimate scapegoat for byu fans.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Funny how the honor code is the ultimate scapegoat for byu fans.
                  I didn't say that. I don't believe that was it at all. But what part of being thousands of miles away from family did you miss in my post? It would probably be similar if he'd gone play for any school in Utah. Maybe you also missed Dave Rose quoted after the MSU game saying he was glad they were able to get him a game close enough for his mom to be able to go see him? Sure, there were probably also basketball related reasons.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 01-08-2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

We need to recruit more international players. I hear they love the honor code.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      We need to recruit more international players. I hear they love the honor code.
                      barking up the wrong tree. I'm not blaming anything on the honor code. There are other cultural differences that go well beyond the HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        Hardnett is transferring. I fear that his leaving is not a simple issue of role or playing time. It seems that Rose is not connecting with his players and has created a culture where players, lesser talents and major contributors alike, take the first train out.
                        I don't think this is true. Hardnett was a Schroyer guy. In fact, he may have been the only player to like him. There were rumors he was transferring after the season last year when Schroyer bolted. That may say something about Rose that he was able to convince him to return at all. His playing time isn't what it was mostly due to Nick's return. He can transfer and be a mid year enrollee somewhere else next season. Still a weird decision IMO as I believe he was on track to graduate in April and could have a full year to play as a grad transfer.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'll also add, that this team sucks. And while I think Rose is probably done and on the way out, losing a player of Hardnett's caliber shouldn't push him out. People are making him out to be far better than he was because they want Rose gone.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't say that. I don't believe that was it at all. But what part of being thousands of miles away from family did you miss in my post? It would probably be similar if he'd gone play for any school in Utah. Maybe you also missed Dave Rose quoted after the MSU game saying he was glad they were able to get him a game close enough for his mom to be able to go see him? Sure, there were probably also basketball related reasons.
                            I am going to go way out on a limb here and guess that Hardnett's reduced role & playing time in recent games is an indicator of some friction between player and coach, rather than homesickness.

Comment

I am going to go way out on a limb here and guess that Hardnett's reduced role & playing time in recent games is an indicator of some friction between player and coach, rather than homesickness.
                              Maybe so. But he was shooting 24% from three. That's a problem, among other on-court issues he was having in his game.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 01-08-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Maybe so. But he was shooting 24% from three. That's a problem, among other on-court issues he was having in his game.
                                I was frustrated with Hardnett's willingness to let it fly. But he also basically won the Pacific game for us. In the right situations, he definitely had a solid role.

Not that it really matters (this season is wasted), but we'd best hope and pray that neither Haws nor Emery go down.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X