Mt. Olympus in Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt. Olympus in Greece

Has anyone ever climbed it? Considering it for this summer and looking for any input.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

never been there but looks doable. https://www.summitpost.org/olymbos-o...outes/p-150991

Comment

It doesn't look too bad, and they have a lodge midway to break it up if you want. The primary question I have is just how steep is the final scramble to the summit? It looks like it is steep but is not really vertical. In fact, just as a point of comparison, it looks less vertical, but longer, than the final scramble at SL valley's own Mt. Olympus. My hiking companion is not a big fan of vertical scrambles.

Thanks for the link, btw.
      Last edited by creekster; 04-02-2018, 01:59 PM.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

From what I read, it was class 3 at the top. I have done some class 3 that was not scary at all, but I have also had my hiking partner just about crap his pants on some class 3. Hopefully it will be more of the former.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          It doesn't look too bad, and they have a lodge midway to break it up if you want. The primary question I have is just how steep is the final scramble to the summit? It looks like it is steep but is not really vertical. In fact, just as a point of comparison, it looks less vertical, but longer, than the final scramble at SL valley's own Mt. Olympus. My hiking companion is not a big fan of vertical scrambles.

Thanks for the link, btw.
          Are you going to do this still?

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            Are you going to do this still?
            No, we ended up not being able to fit it in, Instead, we did the Samaria Gorge on Crete, but we were disappointed to have missed the mount O.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              No, we ended up not being able to fit it in, Instead, we did the Samaria Gorge on Crete, but we were disappointed to have missed the mount O.
              Cool, I'd love to see some of those pictures.

Comment

Working...
              X