Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Conference / Easter 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I'm just waiting for him telling us about how this is going to help combat the gay agenda. I mean he made sure to put the women in their place at the beginning.
    What do you mean by he put the women in their place?

I'm just waiting for him telling us about how this is going to help combat the gay agenda. I mean he made sure to put the women in their place at the beginning.
    President Hinckley didn't have a problem with referring to priesthood holders as the priesthood.
    [Quote, Gordon b hinkley]It is always an inspiration to look into the faces of this vast body of priesthood assembled in the Tabernacle and to think of many times this number gathered in Church buildings across this continent and in other areas of the world. "Take not the name of the Lord in Vain", October 1997 conference[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Soccermom View Post
    What do you mean by he put the women in their place?
    Just to make sure to include an unnecessary comment that women aren't priesthood holders.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

I don’t care that Marty is being his usual grumpy self. I think it is cool he is watching.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

What the hell did they increase this thing back to 2 hours?
    they did not formally announce that, but I suspected it might happen when they changed it to once a year.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    HP's and Elders will meet together. All Elders quorum presidencies and high priest group leaders released. Now only one leadership presidency for both HP's and Elders
    Aww man I liked being the wise senior statesman of the EQ.

I made the change years ago to have the EQ and HPs meet together in our Ward. We've been doing it for at least 5 years. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    I made the change years ago to have the EQ and HPs meet together in our Ward. We've been doing it for at least 5 years. You're welcome.
    Dude, that was prophetic!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    they did not formally announce that, but I suspected it might happen when they changed it to once a year.
    I thought it was only 90 minutes because Monson only spoke briefly. When Monson was hale, I thought it was always 2 hours.

What the hell did they increase this thing back to 2 hours?
    Don't worry Funk, I am watching the game for you, and it isn't a great one. You aren't missing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Dude, that was prophetic!

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Perfect timing for me.
    I go from almost being on the old end of the EQ to solid in the middle.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Yes! The 'switch' for baby blessings is the way to go. Don't pray over the infant; give it a blessing.

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

The Lord was probably tired of seeing 90% HT from one quorum, and much less from the other. Probably also tired of all the blessing of healing from older HP injuring themselves when helping widows or older people moving.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    Yes! The 'switch' for baby blessings is the way to go. Don't pray over the infant; give it a blessing.
    Yep. Conclusive. Hopefully, it wasn’t a CSer who recently failed to make the switch.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    More info, please.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I go from almost being on the old end of the EQ to solid in the middle.
    Exactly. For those of us who were just about to get into dangerous territory, it is once again very easy to get lost in the shuffle.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    The Lord was probably tired of seeing 90% HT from one quorum, and much less from the other. Probably also tired of all the blessing of healing from older HP injuring themselves when helping widows or older people moving.
    Maybe it was the 2-5 pm weekday temple service assignments that went unfilled by Elders that tipped the scales.

So are you demoted from being a High Priest after being released from a calling required for that? Or is it just a change in who meets together?

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    So are you demoted from being a High Priest after being released from a calling required for that? Or is it just a change in who meets together?
    You still have the office. But unless you are In a bishopric, stake presidency, you meet in Elders quorum. Annual meeting of the stake HPG, just like there is one now. Just no more Sunday meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    You still have the office. But unless you are In a bishopric, stake presidency, you meet in Elders quorum. Annual meeting of the stake HPG, just like there is one now. Just no more Sunday meetings.
    And the annual stake HP meeting is only for HP's currently serving in Bishoprics, HC, Stake Presidency and Patriarch.

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Yep. Conclusive. Hopefully, it wasn’t a CSer who recently failed to make the switch.
    It wasn't this CS'er.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    It wasn't this CS'er.

#TeamSwitch

I've got to say, I didn't see all of Priesthood (I missed the big announcement), but President Nelson's talk was inspired. What a wonderful man.

Poor guy got called as MTC pres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

I’m really starting to get behind the new EQ. I think it is the pathway to major changes in the church. The older generation of the church will now start hearing the views of the younger generation that shares a commonality of testimony but perhaps not some of the long standing cultural views, women, gays, etc.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I’m really starting to get behind the new EQ. I think it is the pathway to major changes in the church. The older generation of the church will now start hearing the views of the younger generation that shares a commonality of testimony but perhaps not some of the long standing cultural views, women, gays, etc.
    I had the same thought. Unless all the HPs are sleeping during the lessons.

agree
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccermom View Post
    I had the same thought. Unless all the HPs are sleeping during the lessons.
    It's not that the HP will be sleeping, it's that all the Elders will be on their phones.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.