X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Dang. Temples in Russia and India.

And Layton.
    I thought he was just teasing the crowd waiting to announce that last one. I think he had to hold back his emotions. He has done a lot of work to open the Eastern European nations, and his son served in Russia. What a moment for him.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Seems like the dismantling of home and visiting teaching might just be the beginning of the end.

Comment

• Cool temple announcements. But my favorite was the "wooo!" from the crowd when he announced Richmond. Virginia in the house.

Comment

• General Conference / Easter 2018

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Cool temple announcements. But my favorite was the "wooo!" from the crowd when he announced Richmond. Virginia in the house.
          Seems like all the irreverent ooohing and aaahing about the new temples might just be the beginning of the end.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Thanks for your efforts to get a temple to Russia BM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              Cool temple announcements. But my favorite was the "wooo!" from the crowd when he announced Richmond. Virginia in the house.
              That was my house.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Someone help me understand what is so revolutionary about today's announcements.

Is it that the bar is so low?

If they gave women the priesthood, the response from the real world would be: "It's about time." In other words, something like that seems revolutionary only when there is no expectation for basic equality and fairness.

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                  Someone help me understand what is so revolutionary about today's announcements.

Is it that the bar is so low?

If they gave women the priesthood, the response from the real world would be: "It's about time." In other words, something like that seems revolutionary only when there is no expectation for basic equality and fairness.
                  Pass.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    Thanks for your efforts to get a temple to Russia BM.
                    The church is on the decline there. Rapid decline. It's a symbolic temple.

Comment

Seems like the dismantling of home and visiting teaching might just be the beginning of the end.
                      I think so too! #ohcomethoukingofkings
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

The church is on the decline there. Rapid decline. It's a symbolic temple.
                        The real SU is so much more original than the knockoff version. #sjbh

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It might be one of the most naïve things in the history of the world for people to interpret the temple in Russia as having any significant meaning for how the church is doing in Russian.

The reason the church is building a temple in Russia is because Russians have a hard time going to Ukraine now. Ukrainians don't want Russians and the Russians don't want to have to go to Ukraine. That's all there is to this situation.

The strain in diplomatic relations also is making it more difficult for Russians to visit other countries.

A miniature temple is not a meaningful thing in terms of understanding how the church is really doing.

Cities that previously had six branches and their own district now have only a single branch. The church has been absolutely decimated by righteous apostasy in Russia.
                            Last edited by ByronMarchant; 04-01-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Non consensual immorality? Feels a little like the term same sex attraction.
                              Yeah why not just say rape. Or molestation?

Comment

I thought he was just teasing the crowd waiting to announce that last one. I think he had to hold back his emotions. He has done a lot of work to open the Eastern European nations, and his son served in Russia. What a moment for him.
                                It was a great conference and the concluding address/temple announcements/ blessing was the perfect conclusion. First time in years that I actually watched all four sessions. Glad I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X