General Conference / Easter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    it’s all fun and games until you’re getting pineapples shoved up your butt by stalin
    Dang, that sucks for Funkhouser.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
      Dang, that sucks for Funkhouser.
      Dude. That’s his heaven!
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        No. You don't understand. My guy will want to visit.
        He doesn't get to set the terms anymore!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          He doesn't get to set the terms anymore!
          he never could. Its always been up to me. This doesn't change anything. the point is i don't want to tell him he can't come to my house anymore. If there were an opt out option, i wouldn't have to risk the hurt feelings.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

he never could. Its always been up to me. This doesn't change anything. the point is i don't want to tell him he can't come to my house anymore. If there were an opt out option, i wouldn't have to risk the hurt feelings.
            This is funny. What do you think an opt-out option would look like? How would it differ from the current reality? Nobody has a gun to your head.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Dude, I don't like your style don't come by and cramp mine, doesn't work for you?
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                This is funny. What do you think an opt-out option would look like? How would it differ from the current reality? Nobody has a gun to your head.
                He could check a box versus talk to a guy's face.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Is SMR one of those millennial a that never learned to actually talk to a real person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Is SMR one of those millennial a that never learned to actually talk to a real person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    What? Me talk to somebody? No thank you.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        It would be less personal. i'd just be a name on a list and wouldn't be assigned to anybody.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• I wonder why people are up in arms about Quentons talk of nnconsensual immorality. No one besides the people that do bad things condone immorality, but he said consensual immorality was bad too. Why do people consent to immorality? I seen people speak out in abhorance of bad things, yet they complain about the money we wasted trying to keep gays from marrying each other, would Jesus say it,s ok to hate someone because of lifestyle choice. Jeff,s talk on making Jesus after your own image has something to say about that.

Upset over Joseph Bishop because he allegedly admitted to something, but it is ok to leave your spouse for a same or opposite sex partner. I know someone who announced there divorce date because of there soon to me ex,s infidelity. Blind to there own immorality.

His talk rightly abhorred people that don,t consent to evil at hands of others. Also said it is bad to consent too. I know people who take great pride in performing so called same gender marriages of people that had biological children. There is nothing in Quenton,s talk that needs to change.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                            They dropped scouting. Who would've ever thought that they would drop scouting? They got rid of home and visiting teaching. Who would have thunk it?

They are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
                            Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I bet the Scoutmaster in my ward is going to be pissed to find this out.
                            Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                            What program do you think they got rid of? Looking after the welfare of the members? Call it ward teaching, home teaching, or ministering, that program is still there. Scouting? They stopped claiming to use a curriculum that was hardly ever followed anyway. The curriculum that was followed, Boy Scouting and Cub Scouting, continues.
                            4 Mormons to drop Scouting as part of new global initiative https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...nitiative.html
                            Last edited by ByronMarchant; 05-08-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

No. You don't understand. My guy will want to visit.
                              I think I found SMR's ministering, er, visiter. Or whatever it's called now:

Interesting thread, though it's hard to believe that guy wouldn't take no for an answer.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                I think I found SMR's ministering, er, visiter. Or whatever it's called now:

Interesting thread, though it's hard to believe that guy wouldn't take no for an answer.
                                That was awkward.

Comment

Working...
                                X