General Conference / Easter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    So for us heathens not actually watching P session, what is the actual change?

It's over. We won.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Big announcement tonight in priesthood and another one on Sunday. Hold on to your butts!
      Swish #1
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Perfect timing for me.
        Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          HP's and Elders will meet together. All Elders quorum presidencies and high priest group leaders released. Now only one leadership presidency for both HP's and Elders
          Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
          Unless you are in a calling that requires you to be a high priest, you meet in the EQ. All current EQ and HP leaderships will be released, and new presidencies called.

No more PEC.
          Trying to free up bodies for the team teaching in Primary?
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Wait, what?
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Wait, what?
              Everyone meets in "Elders Quorum" whether you are an Elder or HP. There will be an EQ presidency, that will preside over the quorum, which will consist of men who are either Elders or HPs. No more HP group leadership. All HP groups leaderships and EQ presidencies have been released and new callings will be extended.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                Trying to free up bodies for the team teaching in Primary?
                I’ve already texted my bishop volunteering myself and the EQP to team teach primary together.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                  Everyone meets in "Elders Quorum" whether you are an Elder or HP. There will be an EQ presidency, that will preside over the quorum, which will consist of men who are either Elders or HPs. No more HP group leadership. All HP groups leaderships and EQ presidencies have been released and new callings will be extended.
                  Wow interesting. Young blood for the high priests.

Primary and YM callings just got more coveted.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

What the hell did they increase this thing back to 2 hours?
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

What's funny... and I think I've mentioned it here as well... I've been attending EQ one Sunday a month just because I didn't feel like I knew the Elders very well and I wanted to get to know them. Over the last couple of years I've accomplished my goal and feel a connection with the Elders in my ward.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                        What's funny... and I think I've mentioned it here as well... I've been attending EQ one Sunday a month just because I didn't feel like I knew the Elders very well and I wanted to get to know them. Over the last couple of years I've accomplished my goal and feel a connection with the Elders in my ward.
                        I had a guy in a previous ward who used to do the same thing except in Young Women's. It didn't work out as well.

Comment

This is typically the time when DFU perks up our ears and regales us with an engaging talk... now we have to suffer a lawyer lecturing us.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            This is typically the time when DFU perks up our ears and regales us with an engaging talk... now we have to suffer a lawyer lecturing us.
                            Lol. Was just thinking the same thing.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              I had a guy in a previous ward who used to do the same thing except in Young Women's. It didn't work out as well.
                              Poor guy got called as MTC pres?
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                I'm just waiting for him telling us about how this is going to help combat the gay agenda. I mean he made sure to put the women in their place at the beginning.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X