General Conference / Easter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
    Yes! The 'switch' for baby blessings is the way to go. Don't pray over the infant; give it a blessing.
    More info, please.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I go from almost being on the old end of the EQ to solid in the middle.
      Exactly. For those of us who were just about to get into dangerous territory, it is once again very easy to get lost in the shuffle.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
        The Lord was probably tired of seeing 90% HT from one quorum, and much less from the other. Probably also tired of all the blessing of healing from older HP injuring themselves when helping widows or older people moving.
        Maybe it was the 2-5 pm weekday temple service assignments that went unfilled by Elders that tipped the scales.

Comment

So are you demoted from being a High Priest after being released from a calling required for that? Or is it just a change in who meets together?

Comment

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
            So are you demoted from being a High Priest after being released from a calling required for that? Or is it just a change in who meets together?
            You still have the office. But unless you are In a bishopric, stake presidency, you meet in Elders quorum. Annual meeting of the stake HPG, just like there is one now. Just no more Sunday meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
              You still have the office. But unless you are In a bishopric, stake presidency, you meet in Elders quorum. Annual meeting of the stake HPG, just like there is one now. Just no more Sunday meetings.
              And the annual stake HP meeting is only for HP's currently serving in Bishoprics, HC, Stake Presidency and Patriarch.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                Yep. Conclusive. Hopefully, it wasn’t a CSer who recently failed to make the switch.
                It wasn't this CS'er.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  It wasn't this CS'er.

#TeamSwitch

Comment

I've got to say, I didn't see all of Priesthood (I missed the big announcement), but President Nelson's talk was inspired. What a wonderful man.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Poor guy got called as MTC pres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

I’m really starting to get behind the new EQ. I think it is the pathway to major changes in the church. The older generation of the church will now start hearing the views of the younger generation that shares a commonality of testimony but perhaps not some of the long standing cultural views, women, gays, etc.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

I’m really starting to get behind the new EQ. I think it is the pathway to major changes in the church. The older generation of the church will now start hearing the views of the younger generation that shares a commonality of testimony but perhaps not some of the long standing cultural views, women, gays, etc.
                          I had the same thought. Unless all the HPs are sleeping during the lessons.

Comment

agree
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                              I had the same thought. Unless all the HPs are sleeping during the lessons.
                              It's not that the HP will be sleeping, it's that all the Elders will be on their phones.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X