Apostle guessing game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apostle guessing game

So who will be the next Apostles. They will be younger than 70. I doubt someone in his late 60,s will be called. Some of my guesses either made a cut or didn,t. They work business hours at office but there work schedule much more than business hours. Travel at least 40 weekends a year and I would guess 6 to ten weeks a year. Limited family and recreation time four hours of sleep. Who likes to work that schedule? Tell you die too. Seventies at least get to enjoy retirement.

If he is American will hear Fusnik and John Dehlin Hillary about not calling foreign Apostle time for that. Like God told someone before they were born I will send you somewhere then when the planet I send you too orbits its star 60 times you will get a lifelong appointment across sea leaving family permanently in homeland and having to learn language. If the Lord really thought it was that important couldn,t he of sent that person to a foreign country at birth.

Also another trivia no prophet filed vacancy of another prophet. Though a couple Presidents of twelve have. Jeff might be first to do so. New Apostles new Prophet in waiting via longevity. Could have that happen this time. So who will it be.
    Grapevine
    35.29%
    H. Ronald Powers
    5.88%
    Ian S. Arden
    0.00%
    Edward Dube
    0.00%
    Brent H Nielsen
    0.00%
    Craig C Christensen
    17.65%
    Gerri's Gong
    11.76%
    Lynn G Robbins
    0.00%
    Carlos Gooday
    5.88%
    None of the above
    23.53%

I think the choice is obvious.

Comment

Has PAC posted lately?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        I think the choice is obvious.
        I have no clue because I don't follow these things, but I hope for Bishop Causee.

Comment

It’s been so long since I watched GC regularly that I have no clue who the up and comers might be. It would be great for the church if a Latino were called though.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            I have no clue because I don't follow these things, but I hope for Bishop Causee.
            Hear, hear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Hear, hear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              meh
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I don’t think we have enough nepotism in the apostleship these days. I would like to see another Oaks, Hinckley, or Packer called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  Has PAC posted lately?
                  Yes, but creekster has been MIA.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He seems to be a little more out front lately. Would be an excellent choice.
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Sooner is still a member - maybe they should call him.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I don't know who she is, where she picked it up, or how big it is, but I voted for Gerri's Gong!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Sooner is still a member - maybe they should call him.
                          I thought he had resigned.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                            Then a call to an apostleship should be enough to bring him back.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                              Still in the running. He pays tithing right?
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                              X