Two church movies coming out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two church movies coming out.

One is Jane Manning James and Emma Smith. Already been movie about Emma. So I guess how they lived. Jane manning came to Salt Lake and as far as I know her posterity many are probably in the church. She was faithful but do to lineage at that time could not go to temple. What great faith she had.

Emma staying in Nauvoo and much of her Proterozoic there actually helped preserve church history. Some of her sons did missions in Utah for rlds church and persecuting church but relations improved now. Many descendents are in church now. That will be interesting story.

Other one fire of faith talks of John Grobergs mission Presidemt tenure and I am sure time as Regional Representative there. Book he wrote fire of faith. Sequel to other side of Heaven. I can.t remember who is playing Tom. Ann Hatheway won,t be in it. Other guy will that played John. At bsu pavilion John spoke and Scott Grow said grandkids like person that played Jean. In testing ones to see.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to put Jane Manning James in the spotlight.

Wasn't she sealed to BY "as a servant" for time and eternity? Ouch.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

No, She was sealed to Joseph Smith “as a servant”, so it’s all good.
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Yeah, it would take some serious whitewashing/creativity to make that anything other than terribly depressing.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Yeah, it would take some serious whitewashing/creativity to make that anything other than terribly depressing.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Haha. Whoops.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

From Des News:

SALT LAKE CITY — Production has started for “Jane & Emma,” a new feature film based on the life of Joseph Smith's wife Emma Smith and Jane Manning James, one of the first black members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, announced Arthur VanWagenen of Excel Entertainment Group, Inc. in a press release.

“This is a story of faith,” said Director Chantelle Squires (“The Work and the Glory” trilogy) in the press release. “In spite of all the hardships these women encounter, one of the things I love the most about this story is how deeply both women want to love God and obey him, even when what he is asking them to do seems impossible.”

Set in 1844, “Jane & Emma” explores the possible events on the night of Joseph Smith’s assassination, through the eyes of James and Emma Smith.

In the years following Joseph Smith's death, Emma Smith and James had significant struggles with the Church. Emma Smith did not join the ensuing Mormon migration to Utah. James did travel to Utah, and in the years following, repeatedly petitioned LDS Church leaders to allow she and her family to receive ordinances performed in LDS temples. These petitions were denied. Later in James' life, the Church's First Presidency allowed her to be sealed to Joseph Smith's family as an “eternal servant.” In 1979, James received LDS temple ordinances posthumously.
              Can't even get Jane's name right. Either that, or it's the patriarchy keeping her down, man.

This sounds like a very odd mashup. The connection between them seems very forced.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                From Des News:

Can't even get Jane's name right. Either that, or it's the patriarchy keeping her down, man.

This sounds like a very odd mashup. The connection between them seems very forced.
                Is her name not Jane Manning James?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  Is her name not Jane Manning James?
                  I knew that!

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                  X