Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Wow. Time for a DNews/SLtrib merger?
    The heads of Mormon-haters across the state of Utah would explode if that were to happen.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

the trib is shit, glad to see it burn. paywall. lol.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    The heads of Mormon-haters across the state of Utah would explode if that were to happen.
    Probably better than no newspaper at all.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Did PFS make the cut?

I am dumb enough that we get a printed paper of the SL Tribune delivered but still couldn’t get behind the paywall for online access. So I called and they said that’s correct a print subscription doesn’t get you online access because we bought it from a third party. WTF?

Fine with me if they crash and burn. I look at the obits to see which of my patients has died and a few other articles but don’t miss the online access at all — certainly won’t pay extra for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I am dumb enough that we get a printed paper of the SL Tribune delivered but still couldn’t get behind the paywall for online access. So I called and they said that’s correct a print subscription doesn’t get you online access because we bought it from a third party. WTF?

Fine with me if they crash and burn. I look at the obits to see which of my patients has died and a few other articles but don’t miss the online access at all — certainly won’t pay extra for it.
    Yeah, me either. The trib is delivered every day to the OR so I just read it there.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

It looks like Ula Tolutau is off the team. That's to bad, that kid was a hard runner and i thought the best back they had last year.

Pre-Historic Man

Aren't you a Boise State fan?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Aren't you a Boise State fan?
    Yeah, but he know football without the aid of google. We’ll keep him

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Yeah, but he know football without the aid of google. We’ll keep him
    Do you know Seattle Ute?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Maybe I'm just an overly optimistic sort, but I can't wait for football season to start. Go Cougs!
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Maybe I'm just an overly optimistic sort, but I can't wait for football season to start. Go Cougs!
    I am more optimistic than is probably warranted going into this season. I'm hopeful that having experienced coaches will help the offense produce more points this season. I'm also hopeful that the team will be healthier this season, not having basically every quarterback and running back on the roster injured.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I feel like I'm taking an emotional timeout from the team like I did from the Jazz after Sloan left. They could get me back on board with a strong showing.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Pre-Historic Man

I don't know what to expect this season. With two top ten teams on the road and several other strong programs, I can see BYU not having any marquee wins this year and having a middling season. A surprise win or two could make the program revitalized and I hate to see another down year. Grimes is saying on the right things but will it translate into wins?

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    It looks like Ula Tolutau is off the team. That's to bad, that kid was a hard runner and i thought the best back they had last year.
    I looked through the official roster online at BYUCougars and both he and Tuakafua are listed on the roster. Where they never removed from the online site or are they back with the team? Anyone know? Anyone care or with Trump as President is there no reason to go on living?
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I looked through the official roster online at BYUCougars and both he and Tuakafua are listed on the roster. Where they never removed from the online site or are they back with the team? Anyone know? Anyone care or with Trump as President is there no reason to go on living?
    I think they both have a path back to school for fall, but word on the street is that Ula got crosswise with the HCO over a non-frisbee issue.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I think they both have a path back to school for fall, but word on the street is that Ula got crosswise with the HCO over a non-frisbee issue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s_zsOyHbVY

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

WAY too much football talk for a political message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    WAY too much football talk for a political message board.
    Sad part is as far as I can tell we have yet to reconcile the official word that these two woefully misunderstood young men, who just happen to victims of a cultural bias, were no longer on the team but yet their names still appear on the official roster. Were their names never removed from the official roster? Is it all just FAKE NEWS?

-DOCTOR Wuap

Apparently that roster was never updated.

-DOCTOR Wuap