2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    man I can watch that all day. It still makes me smile.
    Agreed. I think that was a Shaggy Bevo original (?). Strongest GIF work I've ever seen...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      ESPN Football Power Index now has BYU at #61 with an expected regular season record of 7.4 - 4.6.

Remaining games ranked from least likely to win:

Washington - 7.5%
      Boise State - 15.5%
      Utah - 25.5%
      Utah State - 43.1%
      UMass - 75.7%
      Northern Illinois - 81.3%
      Hawaii - 91.2%
      New Mexico State - 96.3%

http://www.espn.com/college-football...=252&year=2018
      Very interesting. Some of those numbers seem low, but I am a homer.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Bad news:

The season is 1/3 over.

It hit me hard this morning while trying To calculate how many wins I think we have prior to the bowl game.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• 2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Very interesting. Some of those numbers seem low, but I am a homer.
          Just using those numbers, we have a 54% chance of winning all four of the games against our lesser opponents, and a 33% chance of losing all four of the games against our better opponents.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• https://twitter.com/gregwrubell/stat...232989696?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• What in the world has happened with Bushman this season? Is MLP that much better than a Freshman all american, or is bushman in the doghouse with the coaches this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                What in the world has happened with Bushman this season? Is MLP that much better than a Freshman all american, or is bushman in the doghouse with the coaches this season?
                He was dating Chad Lewis' daughter. I loved the genetic possibles that might produce in a couple decades. Maybe he dumped her, and Kalani is receiving order from on high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  He was dating Chad Lewis' daughter. I loved the genetic possibles that might produce in a couple decades. Maybe he dumped her, and Kalani is receiving order from on high.
                  Or maybe they got married and he got fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    Or maybe they got married and he got fat.
                    They did get married. I don't know about the fat part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      Bad news:

The season is 1/3 over.

I don't understand this math.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        I don't understand this math.
                        BYU will play 14 games (12 regular season, and 2 playoff games). 4 games played divided by 14 total games = 28.5%. He's clearly rounding down.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Sports Illustrated put up an article on BYU's offense:

https://www.si.com/college-football/...se-jeff-grimes
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                            Sports Illustrated put up an article on BYU's offense:

It's a great article that's good for the Y, but it makes me a little sad to see the lineage of BYU's offense not feature Lavell Edwards.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Sports Illustrated put up an article on BYU's offense:

The Cougars’ offense has been far from prolific, averaging just 320 yards a game so far, but it has been effective, producing crunch-time scores on the road against Arizona and the Badgers, and it has hogged the ball to keep BYU’s strong defense rested.
                              Yeah, it's not just about numbers and where we rank in stats with everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                                What in the world has happened with Bushman this season? Is MLP that much better than a Freshman all american, or is bushman in the doghouse with the coaches this season?
                                Bushman got fat and slow in the offseason. He's still as big as an ox, but he's got to get in better shape.

Also, rumors are that Grimes doesn't like him. Bushman, the big-time sophomore that he is, decided that hustling was no longer mandatory, and he got on Grimes shit list. Against U of A, I'm pretty sure Grimes let Bushman have it on the sidelines as well.

MLP and Holker can also block on the edge. Against Wisc, both had some monster blocks on jet sweeps.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X