2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    That's where a lot of people think Kirby is headed. He could probably benefit from the academic expectations up there.
    People on this board feel BSU is an academic wasteland, ISU takes it to a whole new level. They have a good coach down there and it's a program doing better, probably would be a good place for some of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      People on this board feel BSU is an academic wasteland, ISU takes it to a whole new level. They have a good coach down there and it's a program doing better, probably would be a good place for some of them.
      Oh I know. People's went from ineligible with 0.8 GPA at BYU to being a two time academic all conference at ISU. And that was while selling drugs too!
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        I am honestly curious where the high hopes for Akile came from. I mean that sincerely.

He had 20 receptions for 286 yards his senior year of high school.

He was a marginal 2 star recruit

He had 3 total offers with North Texas being the best besides BYU

Bronco actually thought he was so bad he made a comment about guys not redshirting and "moving them through the program" Akile was part of that group and blew his entire freshman season playing 3 snaps against Wagner

His first 3 seasons at BYU he totaled 1 reception for 9 yards

This past season when he was allegedly doing good things in practice, he had 4 receptions for 47 yards.

He has occupied a scholarship for 4 years with zero production. But you expected him to break out next season?
        He had more offers than that. Maryland, Indiana and SDSU were some of the others.

Comment

Working...
        X