No announcement yet.

2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That fully loaded potato bar is going to be awesome.

Comment

• So basically, we got the spot in Boyzee over Wyoming (who gets nothing) and Poke fans are justifiably pissed.

LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        So basically, we got the spot in Boyzee over Wyoming (who gets nothing) and Poke fans are justifiably pissed.

LOL.
        They should be used to being left out of bowl games.

Comment

• I mean it's Famous, so...

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            That fully loaded potato bar is going to be awesome.
            We had baked potatoes in honor of the bowl invitation. And because we love potatoes.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              We had baked potatoes in honor of the bowl invitation. And because we love potatoes.

Comment

• Know your opponent!

Here's my Western Michigan scouting report:

Western Michigan University is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

The Western Michigan Broncos football program represents Western Michigan University in the Football Bowl Subdivision of Division I and the Mid-American Conference (MAC). Western Michigan has competed in football since 1906, when they played three games in their inaugural season. In 1927, WMU joined four other schools (Central Michigan University, Eastern Michigan University, Ferris State University, and Wayne State University) to form the Michigan Collegiate Conference. Western Michigan then moved to its present conference in 1946. Prior to 1939, Western Michigan's athletic teams were known as the Hilltoppers.

Western Michigan's football team has had 16 head coaches in its history and are currently coached by Tim Lester.

WMU's main rival is the Central Michigan University Chippewas and they play for the WMU–CMU Rivalry Trophy. As of 2018, the Broncos own a 49–38–2 advantage in the series. In 2002, Western Michigan won the rivalry game at Central Michigan for the first time since 1973, snapping a 12-game winless streak (0–11–1). In 2016, Western Michigan defeated Central Michigan 49–10, the win was their fifth in the last six against the Chippewas.

Western Michigan University played in the inaugural International Bowl in 2007 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It did not win a bowl game until it defeated Middle Tennessee, 45–31, in the 2015 Bahamas Bowl.

Comment

• wasn't bortles a western michigan guy? or is he out of some other directional school?
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    wasn't bortles a western michigan guy? or is he out of some other directional school?
                    South Florida? Central Florida?
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      South Florida? Central Florida?
                      ah, i think you're right. i want to say central.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Know your opponent!

Here's my Western Michigan scouting report:
                        They have a catchy cheer after their fight song. In a singy songy way you say "Western win this ga-A-aim"
                        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• After perusing S&P+ here is my scouting report. Western Michigan has a decent to good offense and a crap defense. They're a mediocre to bad rush defense and about the worst in FBS in both pass defense and giving up big plays. They're also mediocre to bad at allowing the other team to stay on schedule. From the numbers they appear to be a bend and break defense.

They are above average on offense. They aren't too explosive but they stay on schedule. They run more than BYU does but are effective when they pass. They will be playing a freshman backup QB. He started the last 3 games after replacing the starter early in the loss against Toledo. He went 1-3 in those games with the lone win against UNI. QB has a 142.5 PER on the season.

I expect BYU to put up points and do what they want on offense. I think if BYU can stop the run they can shut down Western Michigan.

Comment

After perusing S&P+ here is my scouting report. Western Michigan has a decent to good offense and a crap defense. They're a mediocre to bad rush defense and about the worst in FBS in both pass defense and giving up big plays. They're also mediocre to bad at allowing the other team to stay on schedule. From the numbers they appear to be a bend and break defense.

They are above average on offense. They aren't too explosive but they stay on schedule. They run more than BYU does but are effective when they pass. They will be playing a freshman backup QB. He started the last 3 games after replacing the starter early in the loss against Toledo. He went 1-3 in those games with the lone win against UNI. QB has a 142.5 PER on the season.

I expect BYU to put up points and do what they want on offense. I think if BYU can stop the run they can shut down Western Michigan.
                            sounds like ECU. i expect byu's offense to struggle mightily.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              sounds like ECU. i expect byu's offense to struggle mightily.
                              A more recent comparison would be Hawaii.

Comment

A more recent comparison would be Hawaii.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X