2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Though not quite as entertaining as the, "look, I can drink adult beverages" crowd.
    Yes, this aspect of his newfound lifestyle has been mentioned. Repeatedly. A lot.

I’m not looking forward to the next happy hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      So get this: Texas is hosting USC in a rematch of the infamous Vince-Young's-knee-was-down 2005 national title game.

In an epic bush-league move, UT is not selling single game tickets for the game. You have to buy the whole season. This is a team that hasn't filled the stadium in a decade!

They're going to look like idiots in two weeks when they realize they effed this up and have to reverse course. Hook 'em, indeed.
      It's only Monday and CL tickets are already under face. Market is flooded with fans trying to unload.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BYUSportsNation/...88138516475904

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Who woulda thought we'd be ranked at all this year.

Comment

makes no sense, but i will take it
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              makes no sense, but i will take it
              It's especially weird that Cal beat us, is undefeated, and is unranked. In the past BYU would have suffered from such weirdness relative to a P5 school. I credit Trump and MAGA.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                It's especially weird that Cal beat us, is undefeated, and is unranked. In the past BYU would have suffered from such weirdness relative to a P5 school. I credit Trump and MAGA.
                Obviously BYU's defeat of Wisconsin at Wisconsin is much more impressive than Cal's defeat of BYU at BYU. Very logical.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  The transitive rules of comparative wins alone proves they're better than Wisconsin!

Comment

Since Squallys benching (alleged injury) against East Carolina last year, he has played 8 games.

Over those 8 games:

126 carries for 770 yards (6.1 ypc) and 10tds

Decent.
                    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Since Squallys benching (alleged injury) against East Carolina last year, he has played 8 games.

Over those 8 games:

126 carries for 770 yards (6.1 ypc) and 10tds

Decent.
                      It is a long season and it will be interesting to see how the coaches seek to maximize BYU's strengths and mitigate its weaknesses, but from a high level perspective what I find most impressive is BYU is off to a good start, two wins out of 3 games against BCS conference teams, with a team that I still agree with CougJunkie's assessment of the overall talent. Especially on offense. I think some of the TE group might be NFL caliber but I don't think there is one other player that one can honestly say that about. Perhaps Gunner Romney, but the only thing we know about him is he has yet to eliminate himself from that gang whereas every other WR that we have seen has clearly made it obvious that ain't happening for them. Tanner is a good manager and I think will show more as a passer as the WR's improve but I don't think he is an NFL caliber player either. Squally is doing great things but he isn't going to be playing next year on Sundays. Good start yet the wins are trully "team wins." The strength is the lines, not making mistakes and being opportunistic when chances present themselves. The season is young but I am convinced BYU upgraded its coaching staff in a huge way and that the team is significantly better as a result.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        It is a long season and it will be interesting to see how the coaches seek to maximize BYU's strengths and mitigate its weaknesses, but from a high level perspective what I find most impressive is BYU is off to a good start, two wins out of 3 games against BCS conference teams, with a team that I still agree with CougJunkie's assessment of the overall talent. Especially on offense. I think some of the TE group might be NFL caliber but I don't think there is one other player that one can honestly say that about. Perhaps Gunner Romney, but the only thing we know about him is he has yet to eliminate himself from that gang whereas every other WR that we have seen has clearly made it obvious that ain't happening for them. Tanner is a good manager and I think will show more as a passer as the WR's improve but I don't think he is an NFL caliber player either. Squally is doing great things but he isn't going to be playing next year on Sundays. Good start yet the wins are trully "team wins." The strength is the lines, not making mistakes and being opportunistic when chances present themselves. The season is young but I am convinced BYU upgraded its coaching staff in a huge way and that the team is significantly better as a result.
                        Very insightful point, Goatnapper'96. What exactly was it that finally convinced you?

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Very insightful point, Goatnapper'96. What exactly was it that finally convinced you?
                          It started with the "feel" about the program and then was solidified by "the eye test!"

I am really impressed how good they have BYU playing without a real NFL caliber playmaker on offense. I do find that impressive.
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            some of the offensive linemen could be future NFL players, especially Hoge. Granted, no one would call an o-lineman a playmaker.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 09-20-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Was there any news this season about big BIG man Motekiai Langi? I guess he red shirted last season. Any chance he sees the field?
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                                Was there any news this season about big BIG man Motekiai Langi? I guess he red shirted last season. Any chance he sees the field?
                                i mean he’ll probably see it
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X