X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independents for the win!

Edit: nevermind, I can't add.

Comment

• I hadn't heard this story before, pretty awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
        I hadn't heard this story before, pretty awesome.
        Cool story, just not sure why it's in this thread.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Cool story, just not sure why it's in this thread.
          Pretty simple really. The thread I intended to put it in has a very similar title and I mistapped on mobile while posting.

Comment

• re: Wilson vs Mangum, my stance is pretty simple. we know what we are getting with mangum and it is subpar. it's not all his fault - plenty of blame to go around between receivers, coaching, general lack of playmakers, etc. but the coaches aren't going anywhere, they've used several different WRs, TEs, RBs - the one constant in this pathetic offense is the QB - in a nutshell - it's broke, you fix it or at least try. to simply sit on your hands, to keep trotting him out there is insanity. i don't have a damn clue if Wilson is better than Mangum and if i'm honest, i don't care if it's Wilson - go with Hall, Critchlow or Hoge for all i care. Just try something different.

but if these coaches are ever going to have the stones to make a change, playing a defensively challenged Hawaii team who may be without their QB, might be the best time to do it. you throw him out there vs Hawaii probably get an ugly win at home, use a bye week to get some things ironed out with the frosh, do some teaching and let Wilson go from there.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              re: Wilson vs Mangum, my stance is pretty simple. we know what we are getting with mangum and it is subpar. it's not all his fault - plenty of blame to go around between receivers, coaching, general lack of playmakers, etc. but the coaches aren't going anywhere, they've used several different WRs, TEs, RBs - the one constant in this pathetic offense is the QB - in a nutshell - it's broke, you fix it or at least try. to simply sit on your hands, to keep trotting him out there is insanity. i don't have a damn clue if Wilson is better than Mangum and if i'm honest, i don't care if it's Wilson - go with Hall, Critchlow or Hoge for all i care. Just try something different.

but if these coaches are ever going to have the stones to make a change, playing a defensively challenged Hawaii team who may be without their QB, might be the best time to do it. you throw him out there vs Hawaii probably get an ugly win at home, use a bye week to get some things ironed out with the frosh, do some teaching and let Wilson go from there.
              Magnum finally had a game with 250+ yards passing. Unfortunately, he also had at least two bad turnovers.

I'm fine with trying Wilson.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                Magnum finally had a game with 250+ yards passing. Unfortunately, he also had at least two bad turnovers.

I'm fine with trying Wilson.
                yep and it took him 46 attempts to get there.

my gut is they give Mangum one last shot against Hawaii - bad defense, Mangum likely plays well and keeps his job perhaps for the rest of the year barring injury. bad defense, if Mangum doesn't play well, they prepare Wilson during the bye and we never see Tanner on the field again.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

re: Wilson vs Mangum, my stance is pretty simple. we know what we are getting with mangum and it is subpar. it's not all his fault - plenty of blame to go around between receivers, coaching, general lack of playmakers, etc. but the coaches aren't going anywhere, they've used several different WRs, TEs, RBs - the one constant in this pathetic offense is the QB - in a nutshell - it's broke, you fix it or at least try. to simply sit on your hands, to keep trotting him out there is insanity. i don't have a damn clue if Wilson is better than Mangum and if i'm honest, i don't care if it's Wilson - go with Hall, Critchlow or Hoge for all i care. Just try something different.

Completely agree. I can't watch this offense anymore. I can't watch Captain Checkdown throw to routes ranging from 2 yards behind the LOS to a yard or two beyond it. It's akin to watching Kobe in the final couple years of his career hoist up 22 ft fadeaways a foot inside the 3 pt line - unwatchable. The difference is Tanner hasn't done anything that would warrant continuing to stick with him in the twilight of his career. Play the kid and rebuild. He needs reps and lots of them. He has an Oline that won't get him killed and a schedule in front of him that allows for some mistakes. I've seen enough of Mangum and wish him well and thank him for being so dedicated to BYU football.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                    Completely agree. I can't watch this offense anymore. I can't watch Captain Checkdown throw to routes ranging from 2 yards behind the LOS to a yard or two beyond it. It's akin to watching Kobe in the final couple years of his career hoist up 22 ft fadeaways a foot inside the 3 pt line - unwatchable. The difference is Tanner hasn't done anything that would warrant continuing to stick with him in the twilight of his career. Play the kid and rebuild. He needs reps and lots of them. He has an Oline that won't get him killed and a schedule in front of him that allows for some mistakes. I've seen enough of Mangum and wish him well and thank him for being so dedicated to BYU football.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• It is probably not a good sign that I have wondered a few times lately if the best case scenario for BYU is for the American public to become so concerned with the physical effects of playing football that NCAA football is abolished and we can focus on basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        It is probably not a good sign that I have wondered a few times lately if the best case scenario for BYU is for the American public to become so concerned with the physical effects of playing football that NCAA football is abolished and we can focus on basketball.

We're the Covenant People! We as fans will continue to get our beatings until we've paid our penance. Then after wandering around the wilderness for 40 or so years, and when college football hangs by a thread, Jimbo M'F'n McMahon will ride in on a white horse and save football for the eternities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                          It is probably not a good sign that I have wondered a few times lately if the best case scenario for BYU is for the American public to become so concerned with the physical effects of playing football that NCAA football is abolished and we can focus on basketball.
                          Good grief, Clack. Pull yourself together, man!
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Good grief, Clack. Pull yourself together, man!
                            freudian slip?
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• 40 years from 1984 is 2024. We're only 6 years away from greatness!

Comment

freudian slip?
                                Muscle memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X