2018 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    Was there any news this season about big BIG man Motekiai Langi? I guess he red shirted last season. Any chance he sees the field?
    This article doesn't answer my question but it talks about Langi getting stuck in the gymnastics team's foam pit this spring (irretrievably losing his socks in the process--i wonder if they're still down there?) so it's pretty good.

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/c...9d0a2.amp.html

Also from the article:
    “It’s gotten down to the 390s now,” Langi said. “Eventually I want to be down in the 350s or 340s. It was hard at first, but seeing the results has been motivating. It’s addicting.”

BYU senior defensive lineman Corbin Kaufusi said Langi looks a lot more dangerous when he is on the field now.

“Mo is an awesome dude and the fact that he has dropped so much weight makes a difference,” Kaufusi said. “He’s still huge but that guy could drop a hundred pounds and still be the heaviest guy on this team. He’s way faster than he was before, so I just hope he keeps going.”
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• AP #20
      Coaches #26

https://collegefootball.ap.org/salisburypost/poll
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Others of note: Washington drops to 11, Wisconsin jumps to 15, Cal enters at 24, Boyzee right outside at 27

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          BYU opponents' AP rankings:

Washington #11
          Wisconsin #15
          California #24

Others receiving votes:
          Boise State #27
          Utah #didn't want to count that far down
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Some head scratchers: Oregon moves up 1 spot after a loss, Washington moves down 1 spot after a win. BYU jumps Michigan State even after MSU has a more impressive victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Some head scratchers: Oregon moves up 1 spot after a loss, Washington moves down 1 spot after a win. BYU jumps Michigan State even after MSU has a more impressive victory.
              Cal undefeated with a win over us but ranked 4 spots below us. Polls are dumb.

Comment

Some head scratchers: Oregon moves up 1 spot after a loss, Washington moves down 1 spot after a win. BYU jumps Michigan State even after MSU has a more impressive victory.
                Regardless of ranking, BYU is miles ahead of last year and I was dead wrong about their trajectory. Young talent and much better coaching.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

And Ohio State picked up number one votes for destroying mighty Rutgers, notwithstanding the fact that its only quality win was throttled by an average-at-best Texas team.
                  Last edited by Babs; 09-23-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    And Ohio State picked up number one votes for destroying mighty Rutgers, notwithstanding the fact that its only quality win was throttled by an average-at-best Texas team.
                    To be fair, they are above the average Texas standard of recent years.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      Regardless of ranking, BYU is miles ahead of last year and I was dead wrong about their trajectory. Young talent and much better coaching.
                      As distasteful as I find your abandonment of your team, to be fair you were not wrong about their trajectory last year. You were dead wrong about the possibility of turning it around and being competitive ever again.
                      Last edited by Omaha 680; 09-23-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• How can Texas ever be ranked above BYU?
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          How can Texas ever be ranked above BYU?
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• ESPN Football Power Index now has BYU at #61 with an expected regular season record of 7.4 - 4.6.

Remaining games ranked from least likely to win:

Washington - 7.5%
                            Boise State - 15.5%
                            Utah - 25.5%
                            Utah State - 43.1%
                            UMass - 75.7%
                            Northern Illinois - 81.3%
                            Hawaii - 91.2%
                            New Mexico State - 96.3%

http://www.espn.com/college-football...=252&year=2018
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Sagarin ratings:

BYU #52

Opponents:

Washington - 7
                              Wisconsin - 9
                              Boise State - 25
                              Utah - 30
                              California - 48
                              Utah State - 51
                              Arizona - 61
                              Northern Illinois - 85
                              Hawaii - 107
                              UMass - 148
                              McNeese State - 158
                              New Mexico State - 168

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                                man I can watch that all day. It still makes me smile.
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X