FamilySearch.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    stoked to be so closely related to ted bundy!
    :Utah:

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      stoked to be so closely related to ted bundy!
      Hey neato! He also had an interest in the law.

Comment

Hmm. It knows I am my grandmother's grandson, but it thinks I am my grandather's great-nephew.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
          Hmm. It knows I am my grandmother's grandson, but it thinks I am my grandather's great-nephew.
          sigpic
          "Outlined against a blue, gray
          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Someone is holding something back in your family.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

FamilySearch.org

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Someone is holding something back in your family.
              Tell me that wouldn't make a great podcast.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Tell me that wouldn't make a great podcast.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Forsooth, I'm a first cousin (a mere 14 times removed) of The Bard of Avon.
                  I'm more blue blood than you... I'm 1st cousin 12 times (generations) removed.

The Bard's grandmother Abigail Webb is my Great Grandmother 12 generations ago.

I guess we're related and rather closely too.

By chance I'm related to 17 past (modern day) Prophets, and 2nd cousin to Russell M. Nelson twice removed.
                  Last edited by clackamascoug; 03-04-2018, 01:04 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

John Lennon... now I know why my poetry is so good.

John William Carson 8th Cousin 2 times removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Janis Lyn Joplin 10th Cousin ▼ Entertainers
                    Stan Kenton 10th Cousin ▼ Entertainers
                    Elvis Aaron Presley 10th Cousin 1 time removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Karen Anne Carpenter 10th Cousin 1 time removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Glenn Miller 11th Cousin 2 times removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Hoagy Carmichael 11th Cousin 2 times removed ▼ Entertainers
                    John Lennon 11th Cousin 2 times removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Phineas Taylor Barnum 11th Cousin 2 times removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Bobby Darin 12th Cousin ▼ Entertainers
                    Woody Herman 12th Cousin 1 time removed ▼ Entertainers
                    John R Cash 12th Cousin 1 time removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Merle Ronald Haggard 12th Cousin 1 time removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Richard Bernard Skelton 12th Cousin 2 times removed ▼ Entertainers
                    John Denver 13th Cousin ▼ Entertainers
                    Patsy Cline 13th Cousin ▼ Entertainers
                    Gene Autry 13th Cousin 2 times removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Roy Kelton Orbison 13th Cousin 2 times removed ▼ Entertainers
                    Dave Brubeck 14th Cousin ▼ Entertainers
                    Buddy Holley 14th Cousin 1 time removed ▼ Entertainers
                    James Douglas Morrison 15th Cousin ▼ Entertainers

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      also Brigham Young is my second cousin
                      Capture2.JPG
                      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      damn Lavell is only my 9th cousin.. We must be related!
                      Capture.JPG
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

I was told I was a descendent of King Henry the eights bastard daughters. I couldn,t find it though on family search or relative finder. Is there a way to find out how close we are related to neighbors thigh?

Comment

As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I have been messing around in the Family Search app today. A few tidbits:

- Found a relative who became controller of the royal household in England. Went on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, got sick, and died in Jerusalem.

- Found a knight who died in the Tower of London after being suspected of an affair with Anne Boleyn.

- The furthest back I've found any relative so far is a German king named Aminadab born in the year 125:
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              - The furthest back I've found any relative so far is a German king named Aminadab born in the year 125:
                              35 Now there was one among them who was a Nephite by birth, who had once belonged to the church of God but had dissented from them.

36 And it came to pass that he turned him about, and behold, he saw through the cloud of darkness the faces of Nephi and Lehi; and behold, they did shine exceedingly, even as the faces of angels. And he beheld that they did lift their eyes to heaven; and they were in the attitude as if talking or lifting their voices to some being whom they beheld.

37 And it came to pass that this man did cry unto the multitude, that they might turn and look. And behold, there was power given unto them that they did turn and look; and they did behold the faces of Nephi and Lehi.

38 And they said unto the man: Behold, what do all these things mean, and who is it with whom these men do converse?

39 Now the man’s name was Aminadab. And Aminadab said unto them: They do converse with the angels of God.

40 And it came to pass that the Lamanites said unto him: What shall we do, that this cloud of darkness may be removed from overshadowing us?

41 And Aminadab said unto them: You must repent, and cry unto the voice, even until ye shall have faith in Christ, who was taught unto you by Alma, and Amulek, and Zeezrom; and when ye shall do this, the cloud of darkness shall be removed from overshadowing you.
                              So either SU and MPF will claim that Joseph Smith appropriated the name when writing the Book of Mormon, or else they'll someday be in a similar position as Aminadab?

Comment

Got the Ancestry DNA test kit for Christmas. I am one very white person.

Ethnicity estimate

Your DNA looks most like DNA from these 7 world regions

We compare your DNA against a worldwide reference panel to see which populations your DNA looks most like.
                                • Sweden & Denmark 56%
                                  • Your community with a connection to this ethnicity region

Denmark
                                • England & Northwestern Europe 19%
                                • Norway 10%
                                • Scotland 7%
                                • Germanic Europe 6%
                                • Finland 1%
                                • Wales 1%
                                Ancestry2.png

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X