CPAC is Inviting a Le Pen to speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPAC is Inviting a Le Pen to speak

So CPAC is inviting Jean-Marie Le Pen's granddaughter to speak, and I'm taken aback by that one. I have no idea why American conservatives what to cozy up with European hard right/fascist types, particularly from parties with a storied history of anti-semitism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...front-national

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    So CPAC is inviting Jean-Marie Le Pen's granddaughter to speak, and I'm taken aback by that one. I have no idea why American conservatives what to cozy up with European hard right/fascist types, particularly from parties with a storied history of anti-semitism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...front-national
    Last year I think was when they first opened up the doors to some leading alt-right figures to discuss it at CPAC as now a legit part of the conservative movement. Then neo-nazi Richard Spencer showed up unannounced and was told to leave when it got too controversial. The funny thing is he is the guy who originally coined the term "alt-right" as a cleaned up term for white supremacy/neo-nazi movements.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-21-2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Last year I think was when they first opened up the doors to some leading alt-right figures to discuss it at CPAC as now a legit part of the conservative movement. Then neo-nazi Richard Spencer showed up unannounced and was told to leave when it got too controversial. The funny thing is he is the guy who coined the term "alt-right" to use as a cleaned up term to describe white supremacy/neo-nazism.
      He should try again this year. Persistence pays off!
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

When is Mitt speaking?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          He should try again this year. Persistence pays off!
          Yeah, maybe Trump will put in a good word for him, maybe a note from the president saying he knows Richard is a "very fine person." That would help.
          Last edited by BlueK; 02-21-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            When is Mitt speaking?
            LOL. I'm sure they'll schedule him for the day after it's over.

Comment

I want my party back.
              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
              SU

Comment

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                I want my party back.
                But do they want you?

Comment

Working...
                X