Time for Dave Rose to move along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    I was disappointed with both of those transfers - I really liked Bartley's athleticism and overall skill set. Chatman played solid defense and was at least decent as a shooter/scorer.
    Chatman left because of a game of 1 on 1 on 1 where he saw the future didn’t include him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
      Chatman left because of a game of 1 on 1 on 1 where he saw the future didn’t include him.
      Why did you have to beat him down so thoroughly?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        TJ is not a good ball handler. The reason Hardnett is on the team is because TJ is not a good ball handler.

Ergo, TJ should not be the starting PG.
        Tell that to St. Mary’s PG.

Comment

• Thurl would have had us win by 20 tonight.

Comment

Tell that to St. Mary’s PG.
            How many times has BYU with TJ Haws beaten St. Mary's?

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
              How many times has BYU with TJ Haws beaten St. Mary's?
              How is that relevant? You said he wasn’t a good ball handler. Earlier this year he crossed over St Mary’s PG so bad the kid sprained his ankle and had to go to the locker room. The outcome of the game is irrelevant for the discuss, isn’t it?

Comment

How is that relevant? You said he wasn’t a good ball handler. Earlier this year he crossed over St Mary’s PG so bad the kid sprained his ankle and had to go to the locker room. The outcome of the game is irrelevant for the discuss, isn’t it?

SHUT THE EFF UP!

I said it. The number of times he dribbled then ball off his foot and/or had an idiotic turnover is several times greater than the number of times he “broke” SMC’s PG’s ankle. But you hold onto that one play if it makes you feel better.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Strength and body control are a critical aspect of ball handling. Haws has the handles of a guy that impresses in a street ball game not the kind that can manage a game at a high D1 level.

Comment

SHUT THE EFF UP!

I said it. The number of times he dribbled then ball off his foot and/or had an idiotic turnover is several times greater than the number of times he “broke” SMC’s PG’s ankle. But you hold onto that one play if it makes you feel better.
                    TJ is a very good ball handler. He sucks at dealing with physicality but he’s a very good ball handler. That play was an example, not the whole story.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Strength and body control are a critical aspect of ball handling. Haws has the handles of a guy that impresses in a street ball game not the kind that can manage a game at a high D1 level.
                      He’s top 100 in the country in assist to turnover ratio. Seems like he can manage a game at a high D1 level.

Comment

He’s top 100 in the country in assist to turnover ratio. Seems like he can manage a game at a high D1 level.
                        He’s number 100! He’s number 100!

I am not a Haws hater, but I think there’s a reason Hardnett is running the point.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Wins are the only thing that is relevant.

I never said he was a poor ball handler, and making one good play is neat I guess, but means absolutely nothing if it does not equate to team success. Going back to last season I said Haws is not the best player on the team and he is a poor defender and rebounder, which are accurate statements.

One thing I have been impressed about Haws this season, is he has obviously made a concerted effort to improve those two aspects of his game (defence and rebounding), at the expense of his offensive output and maybe even ball handling. That's a good sign for the future.
                          Last edited by tooblue; 02-25-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I am not a Haws hater, but I think there’s a reason Hardnett is running the point.
                            He’s in the top 100. By definition that would make him capable of handling the ball at the D1 level. I think he’s in the 70s which would make him top 5% of starters. Maybe it’s just me but I think it’s patently unreasonable to say a guy can’t handle the ball at this level with those stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                              Wins are the only thing that is relevant.

I never said he was a poor ball handler, and making one good play is neat I guess, but means absolutely nothing if it does not equate to team success. Going back to last season I said Haws is not the best player on the team and he is a poor defender and rebounder, which are accurate statements.

One thing I have been impressed about Haws this season, is he has obviously made a concerted effort to improve those two aspects of his game (defence and rebounding), at the expense of his offensive output and maybe even ball handling. That's a good sign for the future.
                              You sound like Ricky Bobby. Regardless, I went back and read, it was Green Monstah who said TJ couldn’t handle the ball and to whom I replied. I just thought it was you because you replied to my reply. Personally, I think his offensive woes are system driven. All our non-physical guys are struggling in Schroyer’s system.

Comment

Jashire is running the point because it is easier for TJ and Eli to score from the wing. Ask coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X