X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    His cancer is back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't seen this reported anywhere. Is this insider info or what?
    Last edited by BlueK; 03-18-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like Dave is done. Along with the rest of the staff.
      *Banned*

Comment

Sounds like Dave is done. Along with the rest of the staff.
        Hope he can get whatever treatment he needs.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Sounds like Dave is done. Along with the rest of the staff.
          That makes me sad, but something was broken.

I hope and pray for the best for coach Rose.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            That makes me sad, but something was broken.

I hope and pray for the best for coach Rose.
            I assume Pope replaces him.
            *Banned*

Comment

I hope that isn’t true but I think it is possible.

Comment

• I, too, hope that Rose isn't fired tomorrow, but I also hope that he announces his retirement at an upbeat press conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  I, too, hope that Rose isn't fired tomorrow, but I also hope that he announces his retirement at an upbeat press conference.
                  I’m sure they’ll let him act like its a retirement.

Comment

Ugh....please get jensen

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                      Ugh....please get jensen
                      Is this a realistic option? I kind of like it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                          I hope that isn’t true but I think it is possible.
                          I will say this for Mark Pope, he has D1 college head coaching experience. Jensen has been an assistant at the D1 and NBA level. That could work out great, but NBA experience doesn't always translate into success at college. (Terry Porter). I do like that he at least worked under Majerus at SLU for four years.

Pope's coaching record so far at UVU seems headed in the right direction though:

2016: 12-18
                          2017: 17-17
                          2018: 23-11
                          2019: 25-9

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            I will say this for Mark Pope, he has D1 college head coaching experience. Jensen has been an assistant at the D1 and NBA level. That could work out great, but NBA experience doesn't always translate into success at college. (Terry Porter). I do like that he at least worked under Majerus at SLU for four years.

Pope's coaching record so far at UVU seems headed in the right direction though:

2016: 12-18
                            2017: 17-17
                            2018: 23-11
                            2019: 25-9
                            Pope could leverage that to a coaching job at school with status probably similar to BYU. We could do worse, I guess. Risky. But the program's pretty dead right now. Going the wrong direction with little talent in the underclassmen and not much on the horizon from recruiting. I have gone from fire Chow, fire Crowton as a youth to conservative in my old age "don't fire Bronco, it could get worse". So, it's taken a while to get here, and I never thought I'd say this even a couple years ago, but I'm fine with Rose leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Pope could leverage that to a coaching job at school with status probably similar to BYU. We could do worse, I guess. Risky. But the program's pretty dead right now. Going the wrong direction with little talent in the underclassmen and not much on the horizon from recruiting. I have gone from fire Chow, fire Crowton as a youth to conservative in my old age "don't fire Bronco, it could get worse". So, it's taken a while to get here, and I never thought I'd say this even a couple years ago, but I'm fine with Rose leaving.
                              I’m in a similar mode. I’m fine with him leaving but wouldn’t mind him sticking around. I like Rose, but things have been dead post-Jimmer. That’s not all his fault (and Jimmer years are a way too high bar for comparison) but the program is just flat.

Of course, I just don’t really care about
                              BYU basketball anyway. I’m a fair weather fan, which means I’ve watched no complete games this year and only tune in randomly from time to time. If there is more excitement and promise on the program, I’ll tune in more.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I’m in a similar mode. I’m fine with him leaving but wouldn’t mind him sticking around. I like Rose, but things have been dead post-Jimmer. That’s not all his fault (and Jimmer years are a way too high bar for comparison) but the program is just flat.

Of course, I just don’t really care about
                                BYU basketball anyway. I’m a fair weather fan, which means I’ve watched no complete games this year and only tune in randomly from time to time. If there is more excitement and promise on the program, I’ll tune in more.
                                I think "dead" post-Jimmer is a little harsh in that we did make the NCAA tournament three times after Jimmer, which is historically what BYU does in good years. The last four years though have not been up to standard.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 03-20-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X