Time for Dave Rose to move along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I am considering the offer, but the tithing credit will be more than that amount. I was a tithe paying TR holder for at least 5 years. I also paid while attending BYU and as a minor. I'll need to get full details of those payments since birth.
    In the interest of time (and since time is of the essence), we'll bump it up to $100 no questions asked. That's a fair deal and I think you know it.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

As a clarification and as part of the negotiation, I am assuming that the tithes and offerings that I previously paid to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be credited towards the repayment? I did receive no benefit from those payments.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        In the interest of time (and since time is of the essence), we'll bump it up to $100 no questions asked. That's a fair deal and I think you know it.
        Negotiations have failed. We will have no deal. I was being generous even considering the offer.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Negotiations have failed. We will have no deal. I was being generous even considering the offer.
          The problem is Tithing is Fire Insurance. This is like you paying on an insurance policy and then asking for a refund at the end because you didn't use it. It doesn't work that way. If the armaggedon had come in the 5 years that you were a full tithe payer, you would have received great benefit. The $100 credit was a generous offer.

Comment

• I think Pope makes the most sense.

Jensen might be great but it wouldn't seem to make as much sense for him. If he's on track to get an NBA HC position eventually and that's what he wants, taking the BYU job would take him off that track. He has coaching experience as an assistant under Majerus, so I'm not overly concerned about not having run his own program at the D1 level and understanding recruiting, etc.

Peery from Portland State might also be good. His resume as an assistant at the D1 level is pretty impressive, along with his record as a head coach at the JC level. But in just two years at his current job he hasn't had enough time there to show he can turn his own program around and build it into something the same way Pope has in 4 years at UVU.

Madsen I'd have further down the list. He's a lower level assistant in the NBA and has only a year in college as an assistant. Could be fine, but more risk.
            Last edited by BlueK; 03-28-2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Dear BYU,

Thank you for the highly subsidized education. Notwithstanding the kindness of your highly subsidized education, you are the rival of my sports team and I find many of your policies and positions to be morally wrong. Therefore, I hope for bad things to happen to you in athletic competition.

Sincerely,

Martin (Marty) Norton Funkhouser
              What a huge character flaw to accept that subsidy from an entity with which you have deep moral disagreements just because it benefited you financially. When your degree comes up in company of other like-minded morally evolved friends and acquaintances, how do you play it? Were you deceived about the whole religion and eventually figured it out? Were you active in the church just to keep peace with family but eventially couldn't live the lie (conveniently after you finished your degree)? Or were you the one who took advantage of the church by taking a huge deal on an education while secretly hating the church and its teachings?

However you play it I guess you'll always have that degree to explain. And along with it the constant overcompensating on BYU themed message boards and probably irl as well. JL is right. Seems miserable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                What a huge character flaw to accept that subsidy from an entity with which you have deep moral disagreements just because it benefited you financially. When your degree comes up in company of other like-minded morally evolved friends and acquaintances, how do you play it? Were you deceived about the whole religion and eventually figured it out? Were you active in the church just to keep peace with family but eventially couldn't live the lie (conveniently after you finished your degree)? Or were you the one who took advantage of the church by taking a huge deal on an education while secretly hating the church and its teachings?

However you play it I guess you'll always have that degree to explain. And along with it the constant overcompensating on BYU themed message boards and probably irl as well. JL is right. Seems miserable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                oh wow
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  There were only two key contributors this year so that means it was TJ.
                  Teej isn’t going anywhere. Dalton had a rough season. Maybe he wants a chance to get off the bench when he used to be a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                    Teej isn’t going anywhere. Dalton had a rough season. Maybe he wants a chance to get off the bench when he used to be a starter.
                    Has he considered playing better?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Down the stretch Baxter took all his minutes. Also, FWIW, the team winning more consistently in the second half of the season coincided almost exactly with when Nixon and Hardnett got a lot less time on the court.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 03-28-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Do you think they ever consider or try to play worse? Dalton’s a good kid who wants to contribute to a team, get a degree and marry his fiancĂ©. He doesn’t deserve that even in jest.

Comment

• Is Pope difficult to get along with?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            Down the stretch Baxter took all his minutes. Also, FWIW, the team winning more consistently in the second half of the season coincided almost exactly with when Nixon and Hardnett got a lot less time on the court.
                            It also coincided with a third place finish in conference when they had second place all but locked up, an early exit from the first round of the conference tournament and the retirement of BYU's all time winningest coach. So, yah lot's of coincidences to consider FWIW.

Comment

• Rose was pimping Quincy Lewis pretty hard on the radio interview I just heard. Does he not have a good relationship with Pope?

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                                It also coincided with a third place finish in conference when they had second place all but locked up, an early exit from the first round of the conference tournament and the retirement of BYU's all time winningest coach. So, yah lot's of coincidences to consider FWIW.

They tied for second place in the standings.

You're talking about two individual games -- the loss to USF and the bad one to USD in the tournament. Yeah, those were bad. But less Baxter and more of any other player wouldn't have changed that.

But they would have been more like 4th place in the league had they stayed on the same trajectory they were at the beginning of the conference season.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 03-29-2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X