No announcement yet.

Time for Dave Rose to move along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Rose should be fired at halftime for that performance. Never been more embarrassed to be a byu fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Dave Rose should be fired at halftime for that performance. Never been more embarrassed to be a byu fan.

i didn't watch that debacle (thanks gut feeling!), but somebody on CB said the score was 69-25 at one point? that can't be right, can it? and if it is, yeah, probably time for Rose to take care of his health full-time.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        i didn't watch that debacle (thanks gut feeling!), but somebody on CB said the score was 69-25 at one point? that can't be right, can it? and if it is, yeah, probably time for Rose to take care of his health full-time.
        Yep. 73-33 at one point.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Yes. It was actually 75-35 before byu finished the game on a 22-5 run with the scrubs.

*Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Yep. 73-33 at one point.
            oh my heavens.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

Yes. It was actually 75-35 before byu finished the game on a 22-5 run with the scrubs.

32-11 to finish the game. With the scrubs! BYU has an exciting future! - Greg Wrubell

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                32-11 to finish the game. With the scrubs! BYU has an exciting future! - Greg Wrubell
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• What a steady decline to a dumpster fire.

I have no clue what happened with Dave Rose but his tenure has got to be coming to an end, right?
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

His cancer is back.

Fuck cancer.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Besides guys pursuing low level professional careers overseas (Mika, Bryant, and soon to be Childs) instead of playing at BYU. Let's look at Dave Rose other defections:

Jordan Chatman- career 39% 3pt shooter for Boston College. Averaged 13 per game over his last two seasons.
                      Jake Toolson- 16.3ppg, 4.5 rebounds, 56% fg, 49% from 3, 87% from the line. Just named WAC POY.
                      Payton Dastrup- redshirted for Oregon State

I think those 3 could have definitely helped this season. Its not like BYU shot one of the lowest percentages from 3 in team history.

Other transfers
                      Jamaal Aytes- averaged 12.5 and 6 at SUU
                      Damarcus Harrison- 8 points and 3 rebounds for Clemson
                      Isaac Neilson- 10.6 and 9.1 for UVU his junior season
                      Frank Bartley IV- 17.8 and 3.6 for Louisiana-Lafayette, first team all Sun Belt
                      Matt Carlino- 15 per game on 42% from 3 for Marquette

In addition recruits he missed on that could have helped this season:

Sam Merrill- MWC player of the year, played at Bountiful with Zac Seljaas.
                      Wyatt Lowell- First 4 star in UVU history. Return missionary, WAC freshman of the year.
                      Connor Toolson- Lone PEak kid that played with the big 3 in high school (Andys son), in 3 seasons at UVU 12.3 points, 37% from 3.
                      Brock Miller- 8pts per game for UTah State

These are not guys who went to bigger programs or that we lost recruiting battles for. These are guys that Dave Rose just did not offer and completely missed on. All 4 of them would have gone to BYU had they been offered. But hey Rylan Bergerson and Dalton Nixon still have scholarships.

Add in the fact that he has lost every elite instate recruit in 2019 (Rylan Jones, Matt Van Komen to Utah, ISaac Johnson to Oregon)
                      Last edited by cougjunkie; 03-12-2019, 03:43 PM.
                      *Banned*

Comment

Besides guys pursuing low level professional careers overseas (Mika, Bryant, and soon to be Childs) instead of playing at BYU. Let's look at Dave Rose other defections:

Jordan Chatman- career 39% 3pt shooter for Boston College. Averaged 13 per game over his last two seasons.
                        Jake Toolson- 16.3ppg, 4.5 rebounds, 56% fg, 49% from 3, 87% from the line. Just named WAC POY.
                        Payton Dastrup- redshirted for Oregon State

I think those 3 could have definitely helped this season. Its not like BYU shot one of the lowest percentages from 3 in team history.

Other transfers
                        Jamaal Aytes- averaged 12.5 and 6 at SUU
                        Damarcus Harrison- 8 points and 3 rebounds for Clemson
                        Isaac Neilson- 10.6 and 9.1 for UVU his junior season
                        Frank Bartley IV- 17.8 and 3.6 for Louisiana-Lafayette, first team all Sun Belt
                        Matt Carlino- 15 per game on 42% from 3 for Marquette

In addition recruits he missed on that could have helped this season:

Sam Merrill- MWC player of the year, played at Bountiful with Zac Seljaas.
                        Wyatt Lowell- First 4 star in UVU history. Return missionary, WAC freshman of the year.
                        Connor Toolson- Lone PEak kid that played with the big 3 in high school (Andys son), in 3 seasons at UVU 12.3 points, 37% from 3.
                        Brock Miller- 8pts per game for UTah State

These are not guys who went to bigger programs or that we lost recruiting battles for. These are guys that Dave Rose just did not offer and completely missed on. All 4 of them would have gone to BYU had they been offered. But hey Rylan Bergerson and Dalton Nixon still have scholarships.

Add in the fact that he has lost every elite instate recruit in 2019 (Rylan Jones, Matt Van Komen to Utah, ISaac Johnson to Oregon)
                        There is also a big problem with player development. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Zac Seljaas went to Utah State and Sam Merrill to BYU if their names would have been swapped in your post. Kids are coming to BYU and they simply aren't reaching their potential.

Comment

• Is it just me, or does it seem like the during the Dave Rose era, if we play three games with anyone during the season we get slaughtered at least once in those three. I can think of New Mexico, SDSU, USD, off hand. Is there anything to this?

Comment

• No postseason for BYU this year. Not even a NIT invite. San Diego got one though.

Time for Rose to go. He should retire tomorrow.

Comment

• So did they turn down the CBI and CIT because of Rose's condition or was it simply a financial decision?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                No postseason for BYU this year. Not even a NIT invite. San Diego got one though.

Time for Rose to go. He should retire tomorrow.
                                San Diego had better numbers than us based on what the committee seems to have wanted to emphasize: 5 wins vs. the top 2 quadrants vs. just 3 for us. But if BYU beats USD in the last game then they would have looked better and they probably get in instead of USD.

BYU vs Q1: 1-7
                                vs. Q2: 2-3
                                vs. Q3: 7-3
                                vs. Q4: 9-0

USD vs Q1: 1-7
                                vs. Q2: 4-2
                                vs. Q3: 4-4
                                vs. Q4: 11-1
                                Last edited by BlueK; 03-18-2019, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X