Mueller as Special Counsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I think what this shows us isn't that Trump is an illegitimate POTUS, it's that there couldn't really have been a legitimate POTUS in 2016.
    Right. Undermining the whole idea of democratic government is their primary purpose. Trump is doing a pretty good job of bringing most of the GOP towards that anyway.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-16-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      As usual, no reasoning.
      Start here... and keep digging.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Start here... and keep digging.
        Obviously that makes it ok since someone else with foreign ties and money wanted to help a different candidate six years ago. But I would still question if allegedly giving money to a candidate is the same thing as initiating a coordinated propaganda campaign. Maybe you think it is. But shouldn't a good isolationist like you have a problem with any foreigners messing in our elections?
        Last edited by BlueK; 02-16-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Sure a lot of indictments for a fakenews nothingburger.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Mueller and everyone else knows there is no way these 13 Russians get extradited to the US to face the charges. Actually, one is an American from California. This was clearly to send a signal to persons not yet named and who won't have to be extradited because they're Americans. More are going to talk, and this keeps going up the chain.

Comment

Obviously that makes it ok since someone else with foreign ties and money wanted to help a different candidate six years ago. But I would still question if allegedly giving money to a candidate is the same thing as initiating a coordinated propaganda campaign.
              Trying to remember the name of the special counsel from back then... I'm old and my memory isn't what it used to be. Help me out, would ya?

Maybe you think it is. But shouldn't a good isolationist like you have a problem with any foreigners messing in our elections?
              I think it is humorous how many people (like yourself) have recently discovered that foreign governments are interested in the election outcomes of the wealthiest country in the world, a country that carries about $50b in foreign aid obligations. Pretty fucking amazing eh?
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I have been offline and out of the loop what the FBI has been up to lately but let me get this straight...

Mueller and Rosenstein have been spending millions having the FBI chasing down these 13 Ruskies, who had zero impact on the election. Meanwhile the FBI was given multiple tips, including one last month, (not mention many calls to local law enforcement) on this guy named Nikolas Cruz, who was threatening a school shooting and then did nothing about it. Now 17 people are dead. Maybe the FBI should blame apple for not unlocking the shooter's iPhone or something.

yQg8cFwtTjKFxF_J7r7J9NoRMaaLQIiQwp0myvRGNPk.jpg
                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 02-16-2018, 07:57 PM.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  I have been offline and out of the loop what the FBI has been up to lately but let me get this straight...

Mueller and Rosenstein have been spending millions having the FBI chasing down these 13 Ruskies, who had zero impact on the election. Meanwhile the FBI was given multiple tips, including one last month, (not mention many calls to local law enforcement) on this guy named Nikolas Cruz, who was threatening a school shooting and then did nothing about it. Now 17 people are dead. Maybe the FBI should blame apple for not unlocking the shooter's iPhone or something.
                  You forgot to mention that Bernie Sanders still remains silent on claim that Russians backed him in 2016. Very serious stuff.

Comment

Apparently the FBI has a track record for ignoring tips...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Apparently the FBI has a track record for ignoring tips...

2014 was the year the Russians began their operation targeting the elections?! Dang.

President Trump should IMMEDIATELY open investigations into every last national election that Democrats have won since 2014 until we can be ABSOLUTELY SURE that no foreign nationals used Facebook/Twitter/etc to influence the results. This aggression WILL NOT STAND, man.

Comment

2014 was the year the Russians began their operation targeting the elections?! Dang.

President Trump should IMMEDIATELY open investigations into every last national election that Democrats have won since 2014 until we can be ABSOLUTELY SURE that no foreign nationals used Facebook/Twitter/etc to influence the results. This aggression WILL NOT STAND, man.
                        Walter's new avatar:

hannity-1.jpg
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Nah, we have all the proof we need... that and Mitt's word that the Russians are the bad guys that we should be at war with. It is time to reinstate the draft and get ready to kick Red's ass, man!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Trying to remember the name of the special counsel from back then... I'm old and my memory isn't what it used to be. Help me out, would ya?

I think it is humorous how many people (like yourself) have recently discovered that foreign governments are interested in the election outcomes of the wealthiest country in the world, a country that carries about $50b in foreign aid obligations. Pretty fucking amazing eh?
                            I think it's also funny that you think mentioning how other countries have been interested in our politics in the past is an even remotely coherent or persuasive justification. Then I read up a little on Pat Buchanan. I get it now. I didn't realize how insanely pro-Russia he is. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Thank heavens that 13 no-name twitter trolls will finally be bought to JUSTICE. The long arm of the law and all that.

But speaking of which, when is the indictment for Christopher Steele going to be handed down?

Leaving aside the validity of what has become known as the “Steele dossier,” it’s important to look at how Christopher Steele was able to guarantee that the information in it would play a significant and ongoing role in American politics.

Steele, who is British, did far more than simply provide opposition research to the Democratic National Committee. He was able to make sure it reached the most influential people possible in politics, media and government to shape and influence the growing narrative of the 2016 presidential election. In other words, as a skilled professional intelligence officer, Steele ran a full-spectrum information operation against the United States. One could even call it information warfare.

This is what separates his work creating the dossier (which a decent journalist with friends in Russia could have done) from his work insinuating the dossier into the highest reaches of American government and political society. For that, you need a real pro, an intelligence officer with decades of experience running just that kind of operation. Looking for foreign interference in the 2016 election? Let’s take a closer look at Christopher Steele.

[...]

As for the performance of the DOJ/FBI, we do not have enough information to judge whether they were incompetent, or simply willing partners to what Steele was up to, using him as a handy pretext to open legal surveillance on someone inside the Trump circle.

So, putting talk of Russian meddling aside for a moment, is it not fair to ask if what Christopher Steele was doing could be construed as foreign influence in an American election?

Comment

Then I read up a little on Pat Buchanan. I get it now.
                                If you read up even a little on Pat Buchanan, then you know that this is still true.

Comment

Working...
                                X