No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the difference between a Globalist and a Liberal-Internationalist? Enquiring minds want to know!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Nope... voted for Ron Paul in the primaries then "wasted my vote" on Johnson/Gray in the general. That article just helped confirm that RMoney wasn't for me.
      There are reasons not to vote for Romney, but I'm embarrassed for you if that article was the decisive factor. It's a very ignorant, one-sided screed. NPR's articles/broadcasts about AMPAD and several Romney successes were more balanced and far less derogatory. Romney was a vastly smarter and better businessman than the huckster Trump. Meanwhile, I suspect Gary Johnson is still trying to decide whether to balance his checkbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        There are reasons not to vote for Romney...
        Um no there’s not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          ‘Worthwhile Romney Initiative’

The best Mitt Romney in 2018 can do is to recycle Republican Party boilerplate. These vanilla mandarins learn nothing. Trump has certainly damaged US leadership in some serious ways, but is returning to the liberal-internationalist status quo what we want, or need? No.

[...]

Honestly, who could possibly rally behind that mealy-mouthed message, or the man delivering it? I say this as a conservative who is sick and tired of Donald Trump’s big mouth, corruption, instability, and incompetence. But if it means going back to the Republican Party as it existed before Trump, no sale. Trump has no vision, and no political skills to get meaningful things done. But Romney’s op-ed — which reads like a sermon in the religion of High Jebbery — reminds us why Trump knocked the rest of the 2016 Republican field.
          breaking news, trumpers dont like trump being criticized

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            There are reasons not to vote for Romney, but I'm embarrassed for you if that article was the decisive factor. It's a very ignorant, one-sided screed. NPR's articles/broadcasts about AMPAD and several Romney successes were more balanced and far less derogatory. Romney was a vastly smarter and better businessman than the huckster Trump. Meanwhile, I suspect Gary Johnson is still trying to decide whether to balance his checkbook.
            What? Are you saying that RollingStone is #fakenews? Does Frank know that you feel this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Love Mitt. Talked to him just the other day.

Also had Ann sign a cookbook for my mom.
              *Banned*

Comment

• I read the Washington Post Op-Ed written by Mitt Romney and was glad to see that he's not sucking up to Trump like nearly every other republican. I agree with pretty much everything that he wrote. There may be hope for the republican party after all, despite all of the corruption we've witnessed lately.

It will be interesting to see if Romney will continue to stand for what is right rather than doing whatever Trump and the republicans tell him to do. I'm not nearly as concerned with what happened years ago, like some of you, rather than where we're headed in the future. That's what really matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                  I didn't know you voted for Obama ... the article clearly was written in support of Obama's re-election so, it must be—wow, you voted for Obama?
                  If only you had known what Rolling Stone thought of Romney!
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Nice words from Romney. Still, the skepticism as to whether he will actually do something to push back on Trump's worst impulses has a basis as well.

Comment

• Rolling Stone. Lol. Uncle Ted not even trying anymore.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        Still, the skepticism as to whether he will actually do something to push back on Trump's worst impulses has a basis as well.
                        This. Hatch voted with Trump 96.4% of the time. Mike Lee voted with Trump 78.6% of the time. Let's see where Romney lands.

FYI. Former Senator Flake voted with Trump 81.3% of the time... the 5th lowest among his Republican colleagues.

Rand Paul has voted with Trump only 72.8% of the time... the 2nd lowest among Republicans. Kyl edged Paul out with a 71.4% alignment.
                        Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 01-02-2019, 01:01 PM.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          Nice words from Romney. Still, the skepticism as to whether he will actually do something to push back on Trump's worst impulses has a basis as well.
                          RMoney accepted Drumpf's endorsement and, now, he flip-flops. True to character... He should have never accepted Drumpf's endorsement.

Something else to add to his collection. With RMoney you don't know what the hell his is for.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            This. Hatch voted with Trump 96.4% of the time. Mike Lee voted with Trump 78.6% of the time. Let's see where Romney lands.

FYI. Former Senator Flake voted with Trump 81.3% of the time... the 5th lowest among his Republican colleagues.

Rand Paul has voted with Trump only 72.8% of the time... the 2nd lowest among Republicans. Kyl edged Paul out with a 71.4% alignment.
                            God bless Rand Paul.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              RMoney accepted Drumpf's endorsement and, now, he flip-flops. True to character... He should have never accepted Drumpf's endorsement.

Something else to add to his collection. With RMoney you don't know what the hell his is for.
                              Don't we have a thread for this somewhere? Oh well ...

Was Romney right about everything:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4dd05fd5089e

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...out-everything

He was even right about what he supposedly got wrong. Those car manufacturing jobs are ... :

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7487027&page=1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ts/2113275002/

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                                Don't we have a thread for this somewhere? Oh well ...

Was Romney right about everything:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4dd05fd5089e

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...out-everything

He was even right about what he supposedly got wrong. Those car manufacturing jobs are ... :

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7487027&page=1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ts/2113275002/
                                LOL... RMoney is only right because he flip-flops and is on both sides of the issues.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X