Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    It is out of respect for the shooting victims you dum dum.
    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Agree! Applejack is a dum dum!
    Come on, guys. Take it easy on her.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I’ll be voting for Mitt over whatever well intended soul or party gag the democrats stick on the ballot. Mitt was right about Russia and he was right about Trump!
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    I’ll be voting for Mitt over whatever well intended soul or party gag the democrats stick on the ballot. Mitt was right about Russia and he was right about Trump!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Pre-Historic Man

I wonder if SU would vote for Romney. Probably not, because Romney's LDS.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I wonder if SU would vote for Romney. Probably not, because Romney's LDS.
    Didn't he vote for Romney for Pres?

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

We'll keep all discussion here focused on Mitt Romney. Texans gfy.

My apologies. How you know this site isn't Cougarboard: I'm not banned from posting for a week for posting in the wrong category.

Mitt has Frank's endorsement... good enough for me.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Didn't he vote for Romney for Pres?
    He voted for Obama.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    He voted for Obama.
    He also voted for Sarah Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    If you can watch that and not get teary eyes then you’re simply not human and don’t post here.

If you can watch that and not get teary eyes then you’re simply not human and don’t post here.
    It was really well done. No fear-mongering. I like it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    It was really well done. No fear-mongering. I like it.
    Amen. I like a campaign that focuses on why I should vote for someone, not against someone else, without demonizing immigrants or those with different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    With any luck it will make Trump lash out at Utah and Mormons.
    Well, that's what we all expect and anticipate, but "with any luck?"..really? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Amen. I like a campaign that focuses on why I should vote for someone, not against someone else, without demonizing immigrants or those with different opinions.
    +++++++++++++++++

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Well, that's what we all expect and anticipate, but "with any luck?"..really? I don't get it.

+++++++++++++++++
    Mostly sarcasm mixed with a little bit of hope he does it so Mormons who do like Trump will wake up and realize he's not worth it.

But how will he win without the evangelical vote?
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    But how will he win without the evangelical vote?
    Salacious news about Trump and his affairs and alleged sexual misconduct tends to ATTRACT Evangelical votes, I think.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-16-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Mostly sarcasm mixed with a little bit of hope he does it so Mormons who do like Trump will wake up and realize he's not worth it.
    Gotcha. Utah already doesn't necessarily support him and would go for ANY viable candidate over him in the next election. We'd be better off if he went off on the evangelicals so that he loses them for the next election - but I'm afraid he's right about being able to shoot someone in Time Square and many of his supporters not caring. #FakeNews.

Gotcha. Utah already doesn't necessarily support him and would go for ANY viable candidate over him in the next election. We'd be better off if he went off on the evangelicals so that he loses them for the next election - but I'm afraid he's right about being able to shoot someone in Time Square and many of his supporters not caring. #FakeNews.
    There was a recent poll someone posted here showing 61% of mormons approving of Trump. LDS were above most others. What I pointed out at the time was 1, that there wasn't a separate category in that poll for Evangelicals who undoubtedly would have been probably in the 80s. Mainline, non-Evangellical Protestants tend to be much more liberal. And 2, that 61% support among mormons for a GOP president is actually pretty crappy by historical standards. That number should be in the 90s for a Republican. Still, 61% is much higher than what it should be. But I agree he'd lose a Republican primary in Utah against any viable challenger.

I love Mitt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Sorry, didn't get teary-eyed but I breathed a big sigh of relief. It will be nice to have a a morally courageous statesman replace the deteriorating servile Hatch. Romney will single-handedly make Utah's congressional delegation no longer a complete embarrassment.

Here a couple of small things I've appreciated from Mitt since he lost his POTUS election.

When an old, ugly racist police commissioner for the township where Romney has a summer home used the N-word to describe Obama, Mitt forcefully and publicly called for his resignation. https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest...oner-to-resign

When president fuckhead pretended he was going to nominate Romney for SOS, Mitt did his due diligence and sought the advice of past secretaries, especially evil Killary! (who urged him to accept if offered). https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...e-trump-239370

I'm not a republican. I don't agree with Romney's politics, but I'm glad to have a pragmatic statesman headed to DC to replace a wilted apparatchik.

Times Square is nowhere near 5th ave you rube!

That video makes me want to move back to Utah just to vote for him. Does that make me a carpetbagger?

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Sorry, didn't get teary-eyed but I breathed a big sigh of relief. It will be nice to have a a morally courageous statesman replace the deteriorating servile Hatch. Romney will single-handedly make Utah's congressional delegation no longer a complete embarrassment.
    True. Romney seems to be a very honorable person.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    True. Romney seems to be a very honorable person.
    He should be in his second term as president right now.