Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, the current compromise where candidates can get on the ballot either by the caucus system or by the petition route is great. Because I can guarantee you that lots of people used to abuse the old system whereby they could pack the delegates, get 60% at the convention, then win the seat without any public vote.

I remember seeing an internal e-mail from the Tea Party where the specifically planned to hijack the caucus process and they were going to have a meeting to train people how to dominate the caucus meetings. Bastards.
    I was listening to my favorite deep state conspiracy theorists radio show earlier this week on the drive to work. The host totally went off on how the petition route was taking away the voice of the people and destroying democracy.

What a laugher. Serious? You think collecting signatures on a petition so that you get into the primary election where the people - ALL the people - vote on their choice is taking away the voice of the people and destroying democracy? I'm not sure you know what democracy is.

Comment

Yeah, the current compromise where candidates can get on the ballot either by the caucus system or by the petition route is great. Because I can guarantee you that lots of people used to abuse the old system whereby they could pack the delegates, get 60% at the convention, then win the seat without any public vote.

I remember seeing an internal e-mail from the Tea Party where the specifically planned to hijack the caucus process and they were going to have a meeting to train people how to dominate the caucus meetings. Bastards.
      This is how Bob Bennet got the axe.

I'm all for both systems being in place. I had a nice go 'round at my precinct caucus with a former mayor and current member of the SCC. He voted for changing the bylaws but was conflicted. The truth is the Buckshot Caucus and the far right of the SCC are both screwing up in a major way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        This is how Bob Bennet got the axe.

I'm all for both systems being in place. I had a nice go 'round at my precinct caucus with a former mayor and current member of the SCC. He voted for changing the bylaws but was conflicted. The truth is the Buckshot Caucus and the far right of the SCC are both screwing up in a major way.
        Yep. Polls show he would have trounced Mike Lee in a primary election.

Last year Chris Herrod won the convention nomination but John Curtis did the petition route and trounced Herrod in the primary election. Chris Herrod is part of the "Gang of 51" that recently voted to disqualify any Republican using the petition route.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yep. Polls show he would have trounced Mike Lee in a primary election.

Last year Chris Herrod won the convention nomination but John Curtis did the petition route and trounced Herrod in the primary election. Chris Herrod is part of the "Gang of 51" that recently voted to disqualify any Republican using the petition route.
          Gang of 51 is kind of a badass name. If I were Jehovah Witness I’d start a 144K Gang just to get everyone socialized to the idea that I’m in and they’re not.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Gang of 51 is kind of a badass name. If I were Jehovah Witness I’d start a 144K Gang just to get everyone socialized to the idea that I’m in and they’re not.
            Even though the vast majority of JWs do not consider themselves to be part of the 144k?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Even though the vast majority of JWs do not consider themselves to be part of the 144k?
              Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Yes.
                Cool. I'll suggest it to the JWs who live at the end of my street.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Mitt visits Price.

http://www.sunad.com/news/romney-mak...084352c29.html

Comment

• I signed a petition to put him on the ballot! F the state party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      The far right folks in Utah are going nuts on Facebook. One of their biggest gripes was that Mitt wouldn't support Trump. It was funny to watch the reactions when Mitt got the Trump endorsement.
                      This is part of a FB rant by someone I grew up with and is now very involved in politics in Utah. I very surprised to see her throw her support behind Trump and really dislike Mitt running.

Mitt Romney IS a politician. I'm weary of politicians and I think in spite of himself, his motivations are political. I think he wants to be a senator so he and other political elites from both parties can rein in Donald Trump. Well I want a senator from Utah who represents the people and interests of Utah. We only get two senators. How about making sure both of those senators are there to provide local representation, not eastern or national representation? Yes Mitt shares most 'Utah values' but that doesn't mean he shares my political values. And I don't believe he wants to go to the senate primarily to represent Utah and Utahns. I think he wants to go there to represent his political beliefs and Utah just happens to be the best and easiest place for him to get elected. It's carpetbagging. I detested it when Hilary and others did it and I detest it now th
                      Last edited by RC Vikings; 03-25-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        This is part of a FB rant by someone I grew up with and is now very involved in politics in Utah. I very surprised to she her throw her support behind Trump and really dislike Mitt running.
                        Your friend doesn't have a firm grasp on democracy.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Your friend doesn't have a firm grasp on democracy.
                          She sounds like the type to tell you that you live in a republic and not a democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            She sounds like the type to tell you that you live in a republic and not a democracy.
                            Well you do!!!

(Spiritually, though, you do.)
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Romney says he is more hawkish on immigration than Trump.

STFU Romney

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                Romney says he is more hawkish on immigration than Trump.

STFU Romney
                                RMoney was pretty hawkish on immigration back in 2012... It's surprising he hasn't flip-flopped yet.

https://www.npr.org/2012/07/06/15638...on-immigration
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X