Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Let’s be fair, my partisan articles come from mainstream news source and written by human beings, Ted’s are usually twitter posts and other repackaged Trump talking points with some Alex Jones conspiaracy theories thrown in.
    We all ignored that article YO posted about Romney visiting Price... not just you.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      If Ted would stop saying "RMoney" and Frank would stop saying "Fux News" the political threads on this board would be a lot more readable.
      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Political threads on this board inevitably end up with the same six or seven posters throwing partisan articles at each other that they know the other won’t read.
      Agreed.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
        I don't think Mitt is angling for President.
        Agreed.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          404. Not Found.
          Oh no you exposed my own hypocrisy! I’ll never have credibility on this board again! :rollseyes:

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            lol Stupid ass Trump should have taken the $25 billion for his wall and the DACA legislation. Oh well.
            He was going to take that deal, but KKK Coulter and the rest of that crowd went ballistic about the idea that kids born in Mexico brought in by their parents should ever be considered Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Oh no you exposed my own hypocrisy! I’ll never have credibility on this board again! :rollseyes:
              Still mad bro? I'm sorry I didn't read your article before it was deep-sixed.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                I don't think Mitt is angling for President.
                I’m am not some huge Mitt fan. I was very happy he did not become President, but I respect him. I’m sure I’d prefer the governor of Mass Mitt to the Senator from Utah Mitt, but he has principles. He had nothing to gain from coming out against Trump in the election. He has trying to warn his party, it wasn’t a bizarre long play to challenge Trump in future primary, he wanted the guy to lose. Like his father, Mitt opposes bigotry, he actively pushed out that old racist police commissioner asshole in that New Hampshire town who called Obama the N work. The Romneys had a summer home there.

The 47 percent remark was dumb and made for sound bite fodder but Mitt doesn’t use racist dog whistles, in an age that is becoming more common amoung Republicans.
                He’s sincere in his criticism of Trump. It’s not for show. Mitt will probably vote with Trump more than I’d like but I’m a liberal However, Mitt won’t castrate himself or lose his soul to serve crazy orange guy. He’s an injection of sanity into the Senate majority and will be an importance voice of conscious.
                Last edited by frank ryan; 01-04-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  KKK Coulter
                  I'm not aware of any evidence that suggests Coulter is a member of the KKK. Can you share an article with us?

Comment

Political threads on this board inevitably end up with the same six or seven posters throwing partisan articles at each other that they know the other won’t read.
                    I really don't have any idea if you'll read what I post or not. It is my hope that you do. I formally invite you to before dismissing it as partisan.

Comment

Just for fun, I pledge to watch an hour of Primetime Fox if someone who only watches Fox will watch an hour of MSNBC. And then we can compare notes. I won't even suggest Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews, or Lawrence O'Donnell. Try "All In with Chris Hayes" at 8ET or the Eleventh Hour with Brian Williams at 11ET, which are more mainstream.

Comment

I’m am not some huge Mitt fan. I was very happy he did not become President, but I respect him. I’m sure I’d prefer the governor of Mass Mitt to the Senator from Utah Mitt, but he has principles. He had nothing to gain from coming out against Trump in the election. He has trying to warn his party, it wasn’t a bizarre long play to challenge Trump in future primary, he wanted the guy to lose. Like his father, Mitt opposes bigotry, he actively pushed out that old racist police commissioner asshole in that New Hampshire town who called Obama the N work. The Romneys had a summer home there.

The 47 percent remark was dumb and made for sound bite fodder but Mitt doesn’t use racist dog whistles, in an age that is becoming more common amoung Republicans.
                        He’s sincere in his criticism of Trump. It’s not for show. Mitt will probably vote with Trump more than I’d like but I’m a liberal However, Mitt won’t castrate himself or lose his soul to serve crazy orange guy. He’s an injection of sanity into the Senate majority and will be an importance voice of conscious.
                        I think that's exactly right. It's almost funny to see both sides trying to grasp how Mitt personally benefits from this op ed, as though it is totally inconceivable that he might actually be sincere.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          I'm not aware of any evidence that suggests Coulter is a member of the KKK. Can you share an article with us?
                          Satire dude. Listen to her talk. it sounds very KKKish to me. I had to laugh at an interview she did on Fox Business with Lisa Kennedy where she let her give her spiel about immigration policy and then in her usual kind of joking way asked her at the end if she had any friends who were Mexican. Coulter got a disgusted look on her face and just walked off the set. Classy.
                          Last edited by BlueK; 01-04-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Out of deference to you I will not call Fox News, Fux News. YW
                            Thank you.

@Ted - Frank has stepped up honorably. Are you going to step up as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              Satire dude. Listen to her talk. it sounds very KKKish to me.
                              That is a very serious accusation. The KKK was responsible for murdering thousands of African Americans (PM me and I can send you a link to some non-partisan articles that back this number up).

Can you provide some examples (or articles) that support your position that Coulter is a member of the KKK?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                Thank you.

@Ted - Frank has stepped up honorably. Are you going to step up as well?
                                OK, I'll stop calling Romney RMoney... but do I need to stop calling Drumpf, Drumpf?
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X