Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    P.S. Apologies if the foregoing helps Bernie's election chances.
    Reckless self-satisfaction. Harari goes on at length about liberal humanism's perversion that we all feel entitled to feel good all the time. It's what led to the drug crisis.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      So does Donna Brazile these days... I am guessing she is spying for Hillary.
      Dershowitz and Brazile are paid contributors. Fox pays well and builds their individual brand.

Comment

• Looks like the impeachment vote is getting a hearty "meh" in Utah.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/2/...onvict-divided

The poll also found 37% of Utahns less likely to vote for Romney in the next election and 36% more likely to vote for him in light of his Senate vote, while for 22% it had no impact. Romney would come up for reelection in 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Looks like the impeachment vote is getting a hearty "meh" in Utah.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/2/...onvict-divided
          Fascinating. That is encouraging.

Mitt still has a higher approval rating than that weasel Mike Lee. That makes me very happy.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Mitt still has a higher approval rating than that weasel Mike Lee. That makes me very happy.
            Probably because Mitt votes more in alignment with Trump's position than Lee does?
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Oh for shame. Trump's not gonna be happy. But POTUS will get a citation, so all is good.

Bills to censure Romney and recall a U.S. Senator are dead on Utah's Capitol Hill

However, the House and Senate will proceed with a citation thanking President Trump for his work for the people of Utah. That is slightly different than a proposed resolution Speaker Wilson floated after Sen. Romney's vote.
              As if Mitt even needed to worry. He's bigger than all of them.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                Oh for shame. Trump's not gonna be happy. But POTUS will get a citation, so all is good.

Bills to censure Romney and recall a U.S. Senator are dead on Utah's Capitol Hill

As if Mitt even needed to worry. He's bigger than all of them.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Well, it's not mocking a disabled reporter or suborning mob attacks of opponents, but it is goodness.

Mitt Happens!!!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                    It's remarkable what happens when Facebook users are constantly bombarded with videos from Russian-bot pro-Trump groups, generating a tidal wave of disinformation and outright lies.
                    Yep. I have one gullible aunt in particular who is particularly susceptible to that crap. I mean- staunch Trump supporter who loves to repeat anything she reads and has no filter for what's real and what's clearly fake. For Pete's sake she has shared a meme/pic of Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan challenging the reader to 'share if you're not ashamed of Jesus.'
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      Yep. I have one gullible aunt in particular who is particularly susceptible to that crap. I mean- staunch Trump supporter who loves to repeat anything she reads and has no filter for what's real and what's clearly fake. For Pete's sake she has shared a meme/pic of Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan challenging the reader to 'share if you're not ashamed of Jesus.'
                      Did you share it, or are you ashamed of Jesus?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Maybe he's ashamed of Obi Wan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          Maybe he's ashamed of Obi Wan.
                          Ewan should be ashamed for those movies; maybe it was empathic shame.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Of course I shared it! You think I'm some Obama worshiping spawn of Hilary or something???
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Mitt Just Keeps Happening!!!

Comment

• Interesting column on the reaction in Utah to Romney's vote.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-w...is-judas-many/

Utah is one of the rare places where the few Romney-style Republicans who remain are relatively safe from a challenge from their right, where speaking out against the president can be an act to admire, not an apostasy.

With the most vitriolic condemnation of Romney coming from outside Utah, there has been something of a rallying effect around the senator.

Comment

Working...
                                X