Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Provo... Oh Provo... Thou that killeth and stoneth the prophets...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      Has uncle ted brainwashed you into living in Texas?
      yuck, no!
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Mitt is so awesome.

Comment

• Mitt favorite meats?

“My favorite meat is hot dog, by the way. That is my favorite meat,” he told a gathering of supporters as they joined him recently for a casual dinner organized by his campaign. “My second favorite meat is hamburger. And, everyone says, oh, don’t you prefer steak? It’s like, I know steaks are great, but I like hot dog best, and I like hamburger next best.”
          Does he always speak like a caveman?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...nt-and-insider

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Mitt is so awesome.

love it. evangelical christianity is a disease, people!
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Mitt is so awesome.

He’ll be a major upgrade from either of the senators currently repping Utah. Go Mitt!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                Mitt favorite meats?

Does he always speak like a caveman?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...nt-and-insider
                Didn’t realize you were a steak snob who hates hot dogs.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Didn’t realize you were a steak snob who hates hot dogs.
                  What are you talking about? I can't afford no steak.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    What are you talking about? I can't afford no steak.
                    I'm a huge fan of tube steaks. We picked up some JDawg Sauce for when I'm in the mood, and celery salt for when I wanna go Chicago style.

Comment

Mitt is so awesome.

Mormons shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

JSH 1:19
                      Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 05-15-2018, 07:38 AM.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        Mormons shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

JSH 1:19
                        Mitt's primary opponent - Mike Kennedy - was on the news yesterday telling everyone that this was just more evidence that Mitt still has issues with Trump and that Mitt won't support Trump's agenda as president if he is elected.

I'm not sure why he is campaigning for Mitt by saying stuff like that. Maybe he really doesn't want to be elected after all.

Comment

• Mike "Chappaquiddick" Kennedy is such an idiot. This is the guy that got the most votes at the convention?

Kennedy apologizes on behalf of all Utahns for opponent Romney calling pastor a bigot

"Frankly, I reached out to him because I find it embarrassing that my opponent would label him as a religious bigot. I think the word bigot is almost a swear word, it's such a strong word," Kennedy told the Deseret News and KSL editorial boards.

His phone call to Texas Baptist Pastor Robert Jeffress, made on Friday, "was really positive. He sounds like a very decent fellow," Kennedy said. The Republican from Alpine said he made the apology "on behalf of what I perceive the state is."

. . . . . . . .

On Fox News Sunday morning, Jeffress said many of the comments attributed to him were taken out of context but did not elaborate. He said "the bigger picture" was what he described as the Christian belief that there is only one way to heaven.

"People are free to disagree with Jesus and millions of them do," the pastor said. "But what people aren't free to do is to call me and hundreds of millions of Christians like me bigots for simply following the sayings of Jesus."

Jeffress then said he'd "had an interesting phone call from another prominent Mormon, Utah Dr. Mike Kennedy. … He called to apologize on behalf of the state of Utah for Mitt Romney's intemperate comments about me."
                          Kick his ass, Mitt!!!
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            Mike "Chappaquiddick" Kennedy is such an idiot. This is the guy that got the most votes at the convention?

Kennedy apologizes on behalf of all Utahns for opponent Romney calling pastor a bigot

Kick his ass, Mitt!!!

I'm liking this try-hard less and less.

Comment

• His clarification? is worse than the original apology. Just shut your mouth and move on to the next issue Dr.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...tah-audio.html

Monday, when Kennedy was asked by the Deseret News and KSL editorial boards if he had apologized to Jeffress on behalf of the state, he said, "On behalf of what I perceive the state is, I did."

When asked a second time about "speaking on behalf of all Utahns" when he apologized to Jeffress, Kennedy told the boards: "I think our people are forgiving" and that "the people of Utah are above casting terms such as bigotry around at other people."

. . . .

Kennedy's spokeswoman, Cindie Quintana, said Wednesday the campaign is "concerned that something else may be plucked from it (the phone conversation) and something inaccurate may be shared that isn't the case. … There is nothing to hide."

She said the campaign does not want the tape shared with the public.

Quintana said it was originally the campaign's intention to release the entire tape, "but since we've had time to think about, especially after yesterday, we just don't know what purpose that would serve."

Coverage of the call, she said, has been "hurtful to the campaign. We're just trying to rectify and trying to move forward. We really want to move past this. We thought sending the snippet of the actual comment made would be sufficient."

Quintana also said Kennedy had a full schedule Wednesday and would not be available for an interview.
                              Wow.
                              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                                His clarification? is worse than the original apology. Just shut your mouth and move on to the next issue Dr.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...tah-audio.html

Wow.
                                What an idiot. Haha.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X