Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    You with the virtue signalling and gas-lighting as usual. Strange to see you criticize Dobbs as he is cut from the same nativist cloth as Pat Buchanan, death of the west, and all of that bs.
    For Dobbs to say that Romney's comments are "treason" is not just laughable, pathetic and stupid, it's simply un-American. He knows better. He knows what the First Amendment is. It's not like he dropped out of middle school. So what's his angle?
    Last edited by BlueK; 01-07-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Shutdown showdown: Senate votes down two bills to end shutdown after Trump agrees to postpone State of the Union

In its second vote of the day, the Senate rejected a Democratic bill to reopen the government through Feb. 8.

The measure failed on a 52-to-44 vote. A half-dozen Republicans, including Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Susan Collins (Maine), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Johnny Isakson (Ga.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Mitt Romney (Utah), defied Trump, voting with Democrats in favor of the measure.
    Mitt Happens!!!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

This is the Mitt Romney I'd like to see more of instead of the one calling Trump's laughable proposal "a good deal."

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    This is the Mitt Romney I'd like to see more of instead of the one calling Trump's laughable proposal "a good deal."
    That is the problem with "Flip-flop Mitt"... you never know which one you are going to get.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    That is the problem with "Flip-flop Mitt"... you never know which one you are going to get.

Its stupid to expect any politician (or any human) to adopt one idea on any single issue and never change it ever again. You can stop posting this one now.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Its stupid to expect any politician (or any human) to adopt one idea on any single issue and never change it ever again. You can stop posting this one now.
    But Mitt changes his mind on an issue (sometimes within days) so often!
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

But Mitt changes his mind on an issue (sometimes within days) so often!
    Does he? That video you posted is from 2011.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Does he? That video you posted is from 2011.
    Yeah, someone really needs to update that... there is now a lot more examples.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I wonder why UT feels so threatened by Mitt.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I wonder why UT feels so threatened by Mitt.
    I am just worried for all you utahns and what your junior senator may do to your great state.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I am just worried for all you utahns and what your junior senator may do to your great state.
    Don't worry. We got this.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Exactly. So good. That's a head and shoulders above response.

You need to update your picture of Cruz... he has a beard now:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

You need to update your picture of Cruz... he has a beard now:

He's still Cruz.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I won't defend (or attack, for that matter) Mitt's position reversals, noting only that if he hadn't flipped on those issues, he would not have received the party's nomination. What bugs me are those on the right who ripped him for flip-flops, but who love Trump, despite the fact that Trump has flipped vastly more times than Romney or, for that matter, any other politician in my lifetime. The need for 2,000-mile-long Wall is the only position (other than a lifelong rejection of marital fidelity) I can think of on which he hasn't wavered, and that one seems to be fading fast.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I won't defend (or attack, for that matter) Mitt's position reversals, noting only that if he hadn't flipped on those issues, he would not have received the party's nomination. What bugs me are those on the right who ripped him for flip-flops, but who love Trump, despite the fact that Trump has flipped vastly more times than Romney or, for that matter, any other politician in my lifetime. The need for 2,000-mile-long Wall is the only position (other than a lifelong rejection of marital fidelity) I can think of on which he hasn't wavered, and that one seems to be fading fast.
    I remember Ann Coulter defending Mitt's changes with a simple, "He was the Governor of Massachusetts for hell's sake" or something like that. Now I'm sure she's flipped on Mitt.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    I remember Ann Coulter defending Mitt's changes with a simple, "He was the Governor of Massachusetts for hell's sake" or something like that. Now I'm sure she's flipped on Mitt.
    Considering she's an evil piece of shit for real, not sure Mitt's super concerned about her seal of approval these days.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Uncle Ted you have crossed a line. We’ve been pretty tolerant of your MAGA nonsense bullshit, but this is unacceptable. Step to Mitt again and we will ban you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Fact check: It's only 230 miles of wall. And most of that would be installed along the Texas-Mexico border. Maybe we could just move the wall from California's southern border and save a little money since they don't want it there. Border walls are bad for the environment, dammit!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Uncle Ted you have crossed a line. We’ve been pretty tolerant of your MAGA nonsense bullshit, but this is unacceptable. Step to Mitt again and we will ban you forever.
    Really? I kind of love Ted's trolling of the pro mitt section of this board (ie, everyone).

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Fact check: It's only 230 miles of wall. And most of that would be installed along the Texas-Mexico border. Maybe we could just move the wall from California's southern border and save a little money since they don't want it there. Border walls are bad for the environment, dammit!
    Fact check? Not sure what you're trying to do here, other than to prove my point about Trump's position changes. Until very recently, he called for a beautiful, 30-foot wall along the entire southern border, to be paid by the Mexicans. The idea of moving the wall from one part of the border to another is every bit as sagacious as Trump's other proposals on the subject, so sure, let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Really? I kind of love Ted's trolling of the pro mitt section of this board (ie, everyone).
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Uh... way to prove YO’s point.

Oh no... Mitt has figure out what Drumpf is up too.

Sen. Mitt Romney says Trump called Democrats' bluff in ending government shutdown

Sen. Mitt Romney says President Donald Trump called Democrats' bluff in making a short-term deal to reopen the federal government to work out an agreement to fund border security and avoid another shutdown.

"This decision to reopen government for three weeks basically says to the Democrats, 'OK, now put up or shut up,'" the Utah Republican said.
    [...]
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46476111...nment-shutdown
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Oh no... Mitt has figure out what Drumpf is up too.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46476111...nment-shutdown
    Mitt is so playing the Dump. A master.

Mitt Happens!!!

That is a FANTASTIC headline! If Trump was calling a bluff in this situation he would have kicked back and waited for them to fund the wall. Clearly, his bluff got called. Mitt probably knows that Trump doesn't understand simple turns of phrase or how to put together analogies, so it was easy for him to say this and appear like he was kicking ass for Team Trump.

Mitt Happens!!!

"I personally owe an apology to now Senator Romney, because I think that we underestimated what was going on in Russia," Albright said during a House Intelligence Committee hearing.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...mpression=true
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Mitt was correct blah blah blah we were wrong blah blah blah I apologize blah blah blah.

Too late you old bag.

Mitt Happens!!!