Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Yes I know you've interacted with Mitt. Besides Mitt.

I get that LDS can be idealistic, but politicians are pragmatic, because you don't rise to that level without a clear design to grab power. Other than mocking yours truly, do you have a contribution that reveals the real world designs of a pragmatic politician and what his end-game is?

Is he trying to become a kingmaker? What is your speculation?
    You sound like you are trying to write for House of Cards.

Comment

If you want to promote he wants to do good I won’t buy that platitude.
      Why not? He's already wildly rich. Why can't he just want to improve the country and restore some integrity to the process?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        You sound like you are trying to write for House of Cards.
        He’s trying out his Billions fan fiction.

Comment

Lol. Tell me how many high level elected officials you’ve interacted with.

You well know wealthy and powerful peopl ascend to those positions by design, not luck. It is not a lottery. You also know the simplistic sound bites given as reasons why they do something are untrue.

Mitt’s game confuses me because it is not according to the usual script. Believing he is smarter than appearances what does he personally gain by the current strategy that he couldn’t gain with a more nuanced strategy?

If you want to promote he wants to do good I won’t buy that platitude.

You don't think Mitt's strategy is nuanced? He hates Trump with, as he might say in testimony meeting, every fiber of his being. His playing nice with Trump over the past year so he can moonwalk into the senior senator's seat in Utah is about as nuanced as it gets. Now it's time for him to put a foot up Trump's ass for the next two years and bank that he can run in 2024 (or, with a little luck, primary him in 2020). He no doubt still wants to be president, and he's betting that the GOP will be wanting to turn the page with the opposite side of the spectrum of the Worst President Ever.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            You don't think Mitt's strategy is nuanced? He hates Trump with, as he might say in testimony meeting, every fiber of his being. His playing nice with Trump over the past year so he can moonwalk into the senior senator's seat in Utah is about as nuanced as it gets. Now it's time for him to put a foot up Trump's ass for the next two years and bank that he can run in 2024 (or, with a little luck, primary him in 2020). He no doubt still wants to be president, and he's betting that the GOP will be wanting to turn the page with the opposite side of the spectrum of the Worst President Ever.
            I don't think Mitt is angling for President.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
              He wants to become...a KINGMAKER!

Comment

• If Ted would stop saying "RMoney" and Frank would stop saying "Fux News" the political threads on this board would be a lot more readable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  If Ted would stop saying "RMoney" and Frank would stop saying "Fux News" the political threads on this board would be a lot more readable.
                  I am seriously considering calling RMoney "Mr. Decency" now after his WaPost opt-ed.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                    If Ted would stop saying "RMoney" and Frank would stop saying "Fux News" the political threads on this board would be a lot more readable.
                    Political threads on this board inevitably end up with the same six or seven posters throwing partisan articles at each other that they know the other won’t read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      I am seriously considering calling RMoney "Mr. Decency" now after his WaPost opt-ed.
                      Whoa. That’s a big consideration!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        Out of deference to you I will not call Fox News, Fux News. YW

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Political threads on this board inevitably end up with the same six or seven posters throwing partisan articles at each other that they know the other won’t read.

Let’s be fair, my partisan articles come from mainstream news source and written by human beings, Ted’s are usually twitter posts and other repackaged Trump talking points with some Alex Jones conspiaracy theories thrown in.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            404. Not Found.
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                              More like running for Bishop of the USA Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Let’s be fair, my partisan articles come from mainstream news source and written by human beings, Ted’s are usually twitter posts and other repackaged Trump talking points with some Alex Jones conspiaracy theories thrown in.
                                He also seems to like abc news for some reason.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X