Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    P.S. Apologies if the foregoing helps Bernie's election chances.
    Reckless self-satisfaction. Harari goes on at length about liberal humanism's perversion that we all feel entitled to feel good all the time. It's what led to the drug crisis.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    So does Donna Brazile these days... I am guessing she is spying for Hillary.
    Dershowitz and Brazile are paid contributors. Fox pays well and builds their individual brand.

Looks like the impeachment vote is getting a hearty "meh" in Utah.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/2/...onvict-divided

The poll also found 37% of Utahns less likely to vote for Romney in the next election and 36% more likely to vote for him in light of his Senate vote, while for 22% it had no impact. Romney would come up for reelection in 2024.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    Looks like the impeachment vote is getting a hearty "meh" in Utah.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/2/...onvict-divided
    Fascinating. That is encouraging.

Mitt still has a higher approval rating than that weasel Mike Lee. That makes me very happy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Mitt still has a higher approval rating than that weasel Mike Lee. That makes me very happy.
    Probably because Mitt votes more in alignment with Trump's position than Lee does?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Oh for shame. Trump's not gonna be happy. But POTUS will get a citation, so all is good.

Bills to censure Romney and recall a U.S. Senator are dead on Utah's Capitol Hill

However, the House and Senate will proceed with a citation thanking President Trump for his work for the people of Utah. That is slightly different than a proposed resolution Speaker Wilson floated after Sen. Romney's vote.
    As if Mitt even needed to worry. He's bigger than all of them.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Oh for shame. Trump's not gonna be happy. But POTUS will get a citation, so all is good.

Bills to censure Romney and recall a U.S. Senator are dead on Utah's Capitol Hill

As if Mitt even needed to worry. He's bigger than all of them.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Well, it's not mocking a disabled reporter or suborning mob attacks of opponents, but it is goodness.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    It's remarkable what happens when Facebook users are constantly bombarded with videos from Russian-bot pro-Trump groups, generating a tidal wave of disinformation and outright lies.
    Yep. I have one gullible aunt in particular who is particularly susceptible to that crap. I mean- staunch Trump supporter who loves to repeat anything she reads and has no filter for what's real and what's clearly fake. For Pete's sake she has shared a meme/pic of Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan challenging the reader to 'share if you're not ashamed of Jesus.'
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Yep. I have one gullible aunt in particular who is particularly susceptible to that crap. I mean- staunch Trump supporter who loves to repeat anything she reads and has no filter for what's real and what's clearly fake. For Pete's sake she has shared a meme/pic of Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan challenging the reader to 'share if you're not ashamed of Jesus.'
    Did you share it, or are you ashamed of Jesus?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Maybe he's ashamed of Obi Wan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Maybe he's ashamed of Obi Wan.
    Ewan should be ashamed for those movies; maybe it was empathic shame.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Of course I shared it! You think I'm some Obama worshiping spawn of Hilary or something???
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Mitt Just Keeps Happening!!!

Interesting column on the reaction in Utah to Romney's vote.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-w...is-judas-many/

Utah is one of the rare places where the few Romney-style Republicans who remain are relatively safe from a challenge from their right, where speaking out against the president can be an act to admire, not an apostasy.

With the most vitriolic condemnation of Romney coming from outside Utah, there has been something of a rallying effect around the senator.

Can a Republican take on Trump and survive? Mitt Romney is proving it’s possible.

At a White House event on Feb. 10, featuring the nation’s governors, Trump again turned his attention to the senator. “How’s Mitt Romney?” the president asked Herbert, Utah’s governor. “You keep him. We don’t want him.”

Had Herbert been inclined to seize the moment to take the president’s side, he hardly could have had a better opportunity. Instead, he ignored Trump’s remarks and asked about the national debt.

Herbert, who did not support Trump in 2016 after rescinding an earlier endorsement, was among the many Republican leaders in Utah who spoke out against the legislative push to reprimand Romney.

. . . . . . . .

Wilson said he still hears from “Republicans friends and neighbors who are mad as hornets” about Romney’s vote. But many, he said, “have taken a deep breath” and just want to move on.

“We’ve got work to do. And Mitt Romney’s done a lot of great things for this state,” he said.

Similar dynamics were at work within the state GOP, where central committee member Brandon Beckham drafted his own censure resolution.

Romney’s vote, Beckham said, “brought embarrassment to our party” and should be formally rebuked. But he soon found that not everyone agrees. Within hours of announcing the resolution, Beckham said his Facebook page was full of criticism and abuse.

“There’s a lot of sympathy for Romney with his statement about religion and God,” Beckham lamented. “It’s almost like he’s a prophet in the way that he’s untouchable. He can’t do anything wrong.”
    You better believe it, Brandon.

Mitt Happens!!!

“There’s a lot of sympathy for Romney with his statement about religion and God,” Beckham lamented. “It’s almost like he’s a prophet in the way that he’s untouchable. He can’t do anything wrong.”
    Brandon Beckham is a moran.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Here's some entertainment for you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RecallRomneyNow/

There's some REAL crazies out there - who are 100% convinced that they are right about everything and that everyone agrees with them.

I know Brandon and am good friends with his landlord. He posted what he was doing and I'm immediately replied that it was dumb. A few of his buddies went after me so I qualified my statement. I'm not too sure Brandon will be very chummy the next time I run into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    I know Brandon and am good friends with his landlord. He posted what he was doing and I'm immediately replied that it was dumb. A few of his buddies went after me so I qualified my statement. I'm not too sure Brandon will be very chummy the next time I run into him.
    Stand your ground. What he did is incredibly dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Stand your ground. What he did is incredibly dumb.
    Oh, I did. I can't stand the crazy wing of my party. I disagreed with Mitt's vote but I think he was earnest. There's certainly room for him under the tent of the Republican party.

Oh, I did. I can't stand the crazy wing of my party. I disagreed with Mitt's vote but I think he was earnest. There's certainly room for him under the tent of the Republican party.
    I have no problem with people disagreeing with his logic or conclusions. But to say that he should be recalled for not being loyal is insane. This isn't nazi germany.

landlord??!?! who gives a shit what the guy says
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    landlord??!?! who gives a shit what the guy says
    He's like a lot of LDS mid-singles men and shares a house with a few others. I haven't been over there in a few months. It's possible he moved and got his own place.

Mitt Happens!!!

lol

lol

What's a Charlie Kirk?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

What's a Charlie Kirk?
    A church for the Viet Cong?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

lol

OMG that guy is dumb af. I've seen some of his other appearances and posts on Twitter. At what point do the few remaining smart Republicans just decide they are done being the White Trash party? Or is that cool as long as they're in power?

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    OMG that guy is dumb af. I've seen some of his other appearances and posts on Twitter. At what point do the few remaining smart Republicans just decide they are done being the White Trash party? Or is that cool as long as they're in power?
    At the point where the dems present a reasonable alternative? Nominate Bloomberg and I'll vote democrat for the first time in my life.