No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't defend (or attack, for that matter) Mitt's position reversals, noting only that if he hadn't flipped on those issues, he would not have received the party's nomination. What bugs me are those on the right who ripped him for flip-flops, but who love Trump, despite the fact that Trump has flipped vastly more times than Romney or, for that matter, any other politician in my lifetime. The need for 2,000-mile-long Wall is the only position (other than a lifelong rejection of marital fidelity) I can think of on which he hasn't wavered, and that one seems to be fading fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I won't defend (or attack, for that matter) Mitt's position reversals, noting only that if he hadn't flipped on those issues, he would not have received the party's nomination. What bugs me are those on the right who ripped him for flip-flops, but who love Trump, despite the fact that Trump has flipped vastly more times than Romney or, for that matter, any other politician in my lifetime. The need for 2,000-mile-long Wall is the only position (other than a lifelong rejection of marital fidelity) I can think of on which he hasn't wavered, and that one seems to be fading fast.
      I remember Ann Coulter defending Mitt's changes with a simple, "He was the Governor of Massachusetts for hell's sake" or something like that. Now I'm sure she's flipped on Mitt.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        I remember Ann Coulter defending Mitt's changes with a simple, "He was the Governor of Massachusetts for hell's sake" or something like that. Now I'm sure she's flipped on Mitt.
        Considering she's an evil piece of shit for real, not sure Mitt's super concerned about her seal of approval these days.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Uncle Ted you have crossed a line. We’ve been pretty tolerant of your MAGA nonsense bullshit, but this is unacceptable. Step to Mitt again and we will ban you forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I won't defend (or attack, for that matter) Mitt's position reversals, noting only that if he hadn't flipped on those issues, he would not have received the party's nomination. What bugs me are those on the right who ripped him for flip-flops, but who love Trump, despite the fact that Trump has flipped vastly more times than Romney or, for that matter, any other politician in my lifetime. The need for 2,000-mile-long Wall is the only position (other than a lifelong rejection of marital fidelity) I can think of on which he hasn't wavered, and that one seems to be fading fast.
            Fact check: It's only 230 miles of wall. And most of that would be installed along the Texas-Mexico border. Maybe we could just move the wall from California's southern border and save a little money since they don't want it there. Border walls are bad for the environment, dammit!
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Uncle Ted you have crossed a line. We’ve been pretty tolerant of your MAGA nonsense bullshit, but this is unacceptable. Step to Mitt again and we will ban you forever.
              Really? I kind of love Ted's trolling of the pro mitt section of this board (ie, everyone).

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Fact check: It's only 230 miles of wall. And most of that would be installed along the Texas-Mexico border. Maybe we could just move the wall from California's southern border and save a little money since they don't want it there. Border walls are bad for the environment, dammit!
                Fact check? Not sure what you're trying to do here, other than to prove my point about Trump's position changes. Until very recently, he called for a beautiful, 30-foot wall along the entire southern border, to be paid by the Mexicans. The idea of moving the wall from one part of the border to another is every bit as sagacious as Trump's other proposals on the subject, so sure, let's do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                  Really? I kind of love Ted's trolling of the pro mitt section of this board (ie, everyone).
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    Uh... way to prove YO’s point.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Oh no... Mitt has figure out what Drumpf is up too.

Sen. Mitt Romney says Trump called Democrats' bluff in ending government shutdown

Sen. Mitt Romney says President Donald Trump called Democrats' bluff in making a short-term deal to reopen the federal government to work out an agreement to fund border security and avoid another shutdown.

"This decision to reopen government for three weeks basically says to the Democrats, 'OK, now put up or shut up,'" the Utah Republican said.
                      [...]
                      https://www.ksl.com/article/46476111...nment-shutdown
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Oh no... Mitt has figure out what Drumpf is up too.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46476111...nment-shutdown
                        Mitt is so playing the Dump. A master.

Mitt Happens!!!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• That is a FANTASTIC headline! If Trump was calling a bluff in this situation he would have kicked back and waited for them to fund the wall. Clearly, his bluff got called. Mitt probably knows that Trump doesn't understand simple turns of phrase or how to put together analogies, so it was easy for him to say this and appear like he was kicking ass for Team Trump.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Mitt Happens!!!

Comment

• "I personally owe an apology to now Senator Romney, because I think that we underestimated what was going on in Russia," Albright said during a House Intelligence Committee hearing.
                              https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...mpression=true
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Mitt was correct blah blah blah we were wrong blah blah blah I apologize blah blah blah.

Too late you old bag.

Mitt Happens!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X